Monday, July 26, 2010

How Did They Know my Number?

Last night, I received a call on my mobile phone from a certain credit card company offering me a new product they just rolled out.  I politely turned them down since I do not see the need for such a credit service at the moment.  I do not have an existing nor an old account with this certain company so I’m in deep amazement how come they knew about my mobile number.  My hunch is that they got my contact details and possibly other credit information via other financial institutions or even utility companies that I’m subscribed to.  From what I know, that is completely illegal such in the case of TransUnion way back in the 90s.  Confidential information of those who applied credit in the US was illegally sold to marketing companies and was used in junk mail campaigns and some were even used in harassment of consumers via sale calls bombarding them and pressuring them to avail of their products.  Under federal law, contact information, credit uses and credit scores should have remained private.  This is when O’Hanlon, McCollom & Demerath firm of skilled TransUnion Lawsuit settlement attorneys comes in.  They help those who have been victimized file for monetary damages.  Several of credit applications that time are still unaware of this so have them contact these lawyers asap for settlement assistance.

No comments: