Sunday, June 26, 2005

Metro Weddings Mag, Cord and Arrhae Purse

Paul and I went to Rockwell this afternoon for our fourth bridal fair.

power weddings rockwell

It's entitled "Power Weddings @ The Rockwell Tent" organized by Angel Winks Production. As compared to other bridal fairs we've attended, this is the smallest so far..not much suppliers were featured on the fair. The usual, ever-present caterers (such as Auffrance, Juan Carlo, Hizon's, VS&F) and photographers such as Ariel Javelosa, Pixel1, F. Topico Mayuga, Ritchie Pingol occupied large portion of the small Rockwell Tent.

As usual, we walked through each aisles getting all the brochures they were handing. Yup, I do still collect all these brochures for my filing. Since this is our 4th fair, sobrang kapal na ng wedding files ko. First stall that caught my attention was the Metro Weddings Booth. Without second thoughts, I brought out immediately Php 250 to pay for the latest edition of Metro Weddings Mag (Vol 5 No 2 with Jodi Sta. Maria on the cover). Since early June, I've been hunting for this issue at several magazine stands and even at Powerbooks and National...hehe and lucky me I found it on the fair. In fact, even when we're at Glorietta this afternoon parang wala pa siya sa Bufini.

Second stop .. the works of Regie Escolin of Rio Tiaras caught my attention. There were several elegant tiaras on display that cost about 1000+. Nope, didn't buy one..though I really intend of having one on my wedding day. Haven't decided yet on how my hairstyle will be like (haven't had my trial make-up with Clamar)...anyway, if ever i'll be having one..ms leonie gives away free tiara as part of the bridal gown package. If ever, I won't like the design..then andiyan lang naman si Ms. Rio. Aside from the tiaras, the booth of Ms. Rio also showcased her cords, brooches and arrhae purse. Cutie ng blue cord niya kaya we bought it na..i know, i said before na i'll be the one to make our cord..hehe! well let's just say na i fell in love with the cord upon seeing it and medyo tinamad na akong pumunta pa sa quiapo to buy the materials hehe! Along with the cord comes with the arrhae purse..both are in accordance with our motif which is powder blue (though di masyado yung crystals used for the cord at sa purse pero blue pa rin hehe)..just have to change the ribbon of the purse siguro with yellow na lang for the powder blue-canary yellow motif. Kaso on second thoughts, Paul prefers to have the arrhae placed in the usual-cage-type coin container para daw mas magandang tignan..let's see hmm..

Since we've booked almost all of our major suppliers, we eyed this time more on coordinators. Unfortunately, i have to dismiss the idea of having my ex-colleague, Jojo, who did part-time wedding coordination before while we were still with Contactpoint, to be my OTD (On The Day) Coordinator on my wedding day. We've talked 2 weeks ago and much to her regret she won't be able to help me since she's working full-time and is currently super occupied with her present post at Convergys. (Jo, don't worry, i understand. it's ok. remember we're on the same shoes right now..i know the feeling..basta dapat andun kayo nina Angie, Bel and Chi..miss ko na kayo!).

Anyway, only few coordinators were at the fair. I was about to inquire with The Bride's Avenue but my ever-impatient fiance kept on bugging me to leave na. (well, i think, ganun talaga ang mga husband-to-be's..di ba mga w @ wies?) Wala pa nga ata kaming 15 minutes sa place nagyayaya ng umalis. I was a bit pissed off that I walked out the fair ahead silently..and was pouting. To my "inis", I even told him that I'll be going by myself to the NBC Tent Bridal Fair on September...hehe! para I'll have all the time to roam around..yun nga lang what for? by that time, complete na kami sa mga suppliers :( Anyway, buti na lang talaga we have 2 accomplishments: Metro Weddings Mag, the cord and the purse for the arrhae.

By the way, any OTD Coordinator recommendations? Our budget is about 8K-10K...Clarice of An Event to Remember and Queen Gutierrez of Just like Ours (who were both w @ wies) are already fully booked for december weddings. :( Sayang highly recommended pa naman sa w @ w. Speaking of w @ w, didn't get to see any w @ wies at the Weddingsatwork booth. Supposedly, may EB daw. I just don't know if we were there early (2:00pm) or maaga sila.

1 comment:

dionne said...

try impromptu... =) naka-pencil book na kami sa kanila. i read kasi in the archives good feedback sa kanila. nung na-meet ko sila oks sila. saya kasama pero professional. one wedding a day, 10k lang, unlimited consultations pa. oh di ba? parang binebenta ko na sila. =D