Friday, December 19, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
You Should Honeymoon in Europe!
You are a traditional romantic at heart...
With a taste for fine wine, museums and beautiful walks.
You and your sweetie should get romantic in a cafe in Paris
Or get a Eurail pass - and see as many cities as possible!
Suggested destinations: Paris, Venice, London, Greece
Oh...of course I'd love to go to Europe with the husband. It's what they call the most romantic place on Earth. If only it doesn't cost a fortune to get there, we've long been there. Perhaps celebrate each and every anniversary or even our monthsaries there. Geez..that would be lovely.
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Onion – chopped
Garlic – chopped
Mushroom (1 can, sliced)
Beef cubes (1 box)
Nestle cream (1 can)
Cream of mushroom (1 can, campbell’s)
Evaporada Milk (1 can, alpine)
Cheese (1 box, grated)
Fetuccini/tricolor (spiral) pasta
1. saute garlic and onion in butter
2. add on the mushroom
3. beef cubes
4. add on the cream of mushroom
5. stir constantly, under low fire
6. add: nestle cream and evap milk
7. add the grated cheese with continous mixing
8. boil the pasta (put butter to prevent pasta fromsticking)
9. fry bacon w/o oil (til crunchy)
serving: top on the bacon or you can mix it with the sauce
I tried this once and it's kinda easy to follow and prepare. Beware though, better have your diet pill prepared so you won't lament later on for the extra calories gained.
Photo grabbed from Italianmamacooks.blogspot.com
Now what do tulips represent in a wedding?
Tulips, in general, is the symbol of The Perfect Lover. That is why it is an ideal type of flower to use in weddings.
If you choose red tulips for your wedding, you are declaring your love to your partner. Yellow tulips mean that you are hopelessly in love with your partner.
And cream-coloured tulips mean that you will love your partner forever.
That, folks are what weddings are all about.True love....
Thursday, December 11, 2008
Friday, December 05, 2008
Love that bling-bling effect, don't you? This by the ways is a craft of Holsted Jewelers..check out their high quality diamond rings..they're a bargain.
+ So far, since the time I gave birth and decided to become a Stay at home mom, the only "break" or I consider my "me" time is when I'm online while the little one sleeps or if he's with his nanny. Of course, I'm just a human who gets tired from strenuous activities so "me" time such as this is just normal, in fact, recommended.
2. Do you think being alone is a bad thing? Why/why not?
+ No, of course. Everyone needs space and some time to be alone and reflect or meditate about her/his life. This works as a therapy for some to relieve themselves and drive away stress.
3. Everyone gets lonely sometimes. How do you cope with being lonely? What do you do to make that feeling go away?
+ I think of happy thoughts.
1. Places you would like to visit and why.
+ My spur of the moment wishes: France, Japan, Vietnam and USA.
2. Favorite things to munch on!
+ Chocolate mallows, Boy Bawang, raisins, grapes. A lot actually but luckily I don't get fat easily so appetite suppressants aren't for me.
3. Favorite sites for online shopping.
+ Gymboree, Old Navy, Multiply and Digishops.
4. Things you have to get done this weekend.
+ Fit my gown for my sister's wedding, buy a DSLR (hopefully), pending online tasks, and rest.
5. Things that pop up when you google your name.
+ My flickr, blogs, Chian Mai travel site, wikipedia.
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Well, someday..somehow I know I would be able to realize this goal.
This blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.
Sunday, November 30, 2008
Gifts for close friends - check
Gifts for my siblings - check
Gifts for my in-laws - check
Gifts for Asher - check
Gift for the husband - hmmm...pending.
Before you think that I'm disregarding my husband, we have agreed that we will buy a DSLR for ourselves this Christmas. This is one of our common gadget whims for the longest time and so instead of giving each other separate gifts, we'll pool our savings and splurge on this. We're eyeing a Nikon D60 and the husband says we might include this in our itinerary tomorrow after his annual physical check up. I can't wait to get hold of our own Nikky soon. By the way, I don't know if it's a sort of premonition or something, look what I found from Chikai's blog...a buzz about Nikond90.org's free Nikon Strap. I think it's one of those promotional items for their Nikon D90 but this strap is okay for all Nikon models. Since there's no catch or anything and they ship worldwide, I signed up so that when Nikky is here, she has a ready strap.
Then of course I also need to prepare for the two out of town getaways the whole family will be having before and after Christmas. Arrggh, December will surely be one busy but fun and exciting month..can't wait.
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Barack Obama: "And I would not be standing here tonight without the unyielding support of my best friend for the last 16 years ... the rock of our family, the love of my life, the nation's next first lady ... Michelle Obama."
Source: "President-elect Barack Obama's remarks in Chicago." SFGate.com. 11/04/08.
Barack: "If I ever thought this was ruining my family, I wouldn't do it."
Source: Sandra Sobieraj Westfall, "The Obamas Get Personal", People, August 4, 2008, page 57.
Michelle: "Time and love and sacrifice and struggles make you stronger."
Source: Sandra Sobieraj Westfall, "The Obamas Get Personal", People, August 4, 2008, page 57.
NYT quoting Michelle about their marriage, April 2007: "... she wants to keep her marriage 'sort of stress-free, free of the discussion, free of the analysis, free of the assessment.'"
Michelle on why the family did not move to Washington, D.C.: "We made a good decision to stay in Chicago, to remain based in Chicago, so that has kept our family stable. There has been very little transition for me and the girls. Now he's commuting a lot, but he's the grown-up. He's the senator. He can handle it. That's really helped in keeping us grounded."
Source: Chicago Tribune, 12/24/2005.
Michelle on being a political wife: "It's hard and that's why Barack is such a grateful man."
Source: The New Yorker
Barack about being present to his family: "It is important that when I'm home to make sure that I'm present and I still forget stuff. As Michelle likes to say, 'You are a good man, but you are still a man.' I leave my socks around. I'll hang my pants on the door. I leave newspapers laying around. But she lets me know when I'm not acting right. After 14 years, she's trained me reasonably well."
Source: Lynn Norment, Ebony, "The Hottest Couple in America", February 2007, pages 52-54.
Swiped from here.
What Your Home Says About You
You don't come across as very intellectual or serious. You seem like a bit of a goofball.
Your hygiene is passable, but you may be hiding some dirty secrets.
You are a very domestic person. You enjoy decorating, cooking, and making things homey.
You are not a very nurturing person. You have enough trouble taking care of yourself.
You feel settled in your life. You have enough time to focus on little details.
You are a very self sufficient person. You can get along well without much help.
Your friends see you as accommodating, peaceful, and forgiving.
As she is currently working and domiciled in Qatar, preparing overseas for her wedding is quite a taxing task. It's a good thing that she and her husband (they were already civilly wed two years ago), contracted the services of a full time coordinator that can arrange and organize the logistics of their preparations for them. Being the first to marry among us siblings, I would have helped her more comprehensively in her wedding preparations but with the birth of my son this year, it was just impossible to do the whole leg work for her. But nevertheless, of course, I tried to extend my help, thoughts and suggestions whenever she asks. I'm also going to be her Matron of Honor and so come wedding day, I'll be her "on the day achay". This reminds me that we haven't fitted my entourage gown yet. Their coordinator has texted that it's available for fitting anytime. Hopefully, within the week I could finally fit it.
My sister will be arriving on the last week of December to oversee the last leg of her preparations. I'm so excited that another wedding will be celebrated in the family. I love weddings and it's evident when I prepared too for my own wedding three years ago. This blog has been a witness how OC and hands on I was with the preparations. This will definitely make me walk down the memory lane of my own wedding. Can't wait!
What Your Ideal Wedding Dress Says About You
Your Personal Style:
Young and flashy. You dress like a celebrity, and you love to accessorize.
Your Ideal Wedding:
A huge party with all your friends, with lots of toasting and dancing
Your Philosophy on Marriage:
The person you marry should be your best friend.
Your Perfect Marriage:
Is when you still surprise each other with romantic gestures
When the Pedia instructed that Asher needed to be nebulize as part of the treatment, we had a hard time scouring for a cheap yet quality nebulizer in the drugstores and health shops. Usually, the ones available are way so costly that can literally dig a hole in your pocket. Luckily, we were able to spot one at Watsons at a cheaper price of just Php 2500. It's just later that I realized I should have tried checking out AllegroMedical.com. It is a medical equipment and home health care supplies shop that offers online over 55,000 fairly priced products. What's more interesting is that they have a free Allegro eCatalog that offers limited time specials and discounts to new members. They offer various products such as (but not limited to) Exercise/Fitness equipment, hospital discharge favorites, maternity care supplies, electrotherapy products including electrodes, urologicals/catheters, wound care supplies and so much more. And to top it all, since it's online, you can browse and buy your needs at the comfort of your home.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
1. What did you dream about last night?
It was an unpleasant one. I dreamed of a blogger friend's baby daughter getting sick. :(
2. Do you often have nightmares?
Not that often. But I notice, I do have them everytime I forget to pray before I doze off.
3. Do you have any special talents?
Eating tons of foods without gaining extra weight. :wink:
4. Who is the most talent person that you know?
A friend of mine who dances, acts and sings well.
5. What did you watch on TV last?
A local TV drama series.
6. Is there a new TV show that you would recommend?
hmm..perhaps, Pinoy Fear Factor.
7. Who was the last person you phoned and why?
I think it was my sister asking when will we have our gown fitting for my sister's wedding.
8. Who was the last person who phoned you and why?
The husband. Informing me he's on his way home.
9. What was the last snail mail letter that you received?
My Globe Handyphone bill. Arghh..bills. bills. bills.
Your Christmas Song Is
Oh, jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh, what fun it is to ride
In a one horse open sleigh
When it comes to Christmas, you really get into the holidays
You have a ton of traditions that spread holiday cheer!
Speaking of reception, theirs was held in a nearby restaurant. Their food was great especially the carbonara and fish fillet..my taste buds were so pleased. This reminded me of the delectable and cozy Denver Restaurants that I was reading about earlier at DenverMagazine.com. This site is so informative about everything that the Mile High City offers..from its scenic spots, the people, the culture, their fashion, business and sports. It is also in this site that I read about The Oceanaire which has an ambiance of 1930s ocean liner and obviously their best sellers are their dinner delights: halibut, oysters, bluefin tuna and salmon. Okay enough with that, this makes salivate for seafoods.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Beginning December 1st, we will give away one jewelry set per day for 12 days. Each set is valued at an average of $275! After signing-up in one easy step, you can select the jewelry set you would like to win. There's absolutely no catch - this means no shipping/handling fees or credit card required. Yes, it's really that simple!
Saturday, November 08, 2008
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
1. When did you start blogging?
March 2005. I started with this particular blog as my wedding online journal.
2. How often do you blog? How many times per week, per day?
I blog everyday.
3. How many blogs do you have?
I currently author 4 blogs all in all.
4. How many blogs do you visit daily? What type of blogs do you tend to visit? Do you always leave comments?
With my tight online time, I don't get to bloghop as much as I want to but I'm always keep updated because my favorite blogs are all listed in my Bloglines. I leave comments when I want to.
5. What is it about blogging that you enjoy the most? What is it that you don’t like about blogging?
I enjoy blogging because this is my social life now since I turned a SAHM. I met new friends. Also, this has been an income resource so what's not to like or love about it. I earn dollars in the comfort of our home while I get to personally take care of my son.
6. What do you usually blog about?
Sometimes I do reviews about anything like auto insurance quotes. But most often it's all about my son.
1.) As an adult, do you do anything for Halloween or is it jut another day?
* It was our first Halloween that we did something because of Asher. We attended last Thursday a Trick or Treat activity at hubby's workplace and we had a blast.
2.) Do you ever dress up for Halloween? What will be your costume this year?
* Of course, it was only Asher who wore a costume last Thursday but it could be fun also if I wore a witch hat of some sort in the spirit of the Halloween.
3.) Have you started Christmas shopping yet? When do you usually begin?
* Yes, I have. I started shopping last month.
4.) Do you look people in the eye when talking? Does it bother you when people don’t make eye contact during conversation?
* Yes, I do look people in the eye especially if it's a serious discussion. You would know if someone is lying or not through his eyes.
5.) What excuse do you usually use when you want to take a day off work for no real reason?
6.) How often, on average, do you find yourself thinking about sex per day?
* Haha..it's only the husband who must know this.
7.) What company makes your favorite brand of shoes? What makes them your favorite?
* I'm not a shoe fetish really so there's no particular brand that I prefer. As long as the footwear is comfy and fits my taste and style then I'm fine with it.
8.) Do you ever save alcohol bottles once they are empty?
* Nope. I don't even drink alcohol.
9.) Do you enjoy musicals?
* If it's old-fashioned musicals, I don't.
1. Where’s your favorite beach?
From among those I visited, definitely...Boracay.
2. Where’s your favorite place to spend money?
Malls..tangible and online.
3. Where’s a good place to watch people?
At the beach. Because everyone's seem so relaxed and with happy thoughts.
4. Where’s a good place to be totally alone?
At home or at las vegas hotels.
5. Where’s a place outside of work (or school) where you’re likely to run into people from work (or school)?
Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
You can check out their other marvelous Sagada Prenup pics here.
Please vote and help spread the word..thanks!
Sunday, October 26, 2008
1. First piercing → ears
2. First best friend → Eunice at Nazareth School
3. First award → Third Honor
4. First crush → I forgot the name but it was during my pre-school years. LOL
5. First pet → puppy
6. First big vacation - in Hong Kong, year 1995
7. Eating → Demolino Chocolate
8. Drinking → Water
9. I’m about to → take a nap
10. Listening to → Itunes playing Bread songs
11. Plans for today → accomplish all tasks in my to-do list and research about nice vacation spots in NC. I think Outer Banks is worth checking out.
12. Waiting for → my hubby who went shopping in Greenhills. Asher and I didn't tag along since the little one has colds. He needs to rest and get well so he enjoy the outing on Wednesday.
13. Want kid/s? → of course!
14. Want to get married? → I already am married.
15. Careers in mind → i wanted to become a dentist. :D
Saturday, October 25, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
1. Where is your cell phone? Room
2. Your significant other? Paul
3. Your hair? Black
4. Your mother? petite
5. Your father? workaholic
6. Your favorite thing? laptop
7. Your dream last night? water
8. Your favorite drink? Fruitas
9. Your dream/goal? Travel
10. The room you’re in? Bedroom
11. Your hobby? Blogging
12. Your fear? Death
3. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
14. What you’re not? Fat
15. Muffins? Yummy
16. One of your wish list items? dslr
17. Where you grew up? Makati
18. The last thing you did? Eat
19. What are you wearing? Shorts
20. Favorite gadget? Laptop
21. Your pets? Jumong
22. Your computer? Acer
23. Your mood? Lazy
24. Missing someone? Hubby
25. Your car? Nissan
26. Something you’re not wearing? Brief
27. Favorite store? ON
28. Like someone? NO
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When is the last time you laughed? Today
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
WHAT: Weddings & Debuts 2009 Bridal Fair
WHERE: SM Megatrade Halls 2 & 3 SM Megamall
WHEN: February 13, 14, 15, 2009
Get a chance to win a P 25,000 cash gift for on-the-spot bookings!
Plus get an extra chance to win one of three P 10,000 cash gifts
for bookings made on the Bridal Fair’s first day, Friday, February 13, 2009!
Registration for FREE ENTRANCE to
Weddings & Debuts 2009 Bridal Fair is now ongoing!
Register here for FREE Entrance
for you and up to 2 companions!
Friday, October 17, 2008
1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
8 Facts/habits about me:
1. I'm petite and super thin at the moment (Stands 5 ft and weighs 90 lbs) so diet pills are definitely not my thing.
2. I'm happily married to my bestfriend for almost 3 years now (and still counting)
3. I'm a Stay-at-Home Mom or could also be Work-at-Home Mom (thanks to online ventures)
4. I'm exclusively breastfeeding my son for 7 months now and will continue to nurse him for as long as my supply lasts and for as long as he's willing.
5. I author 4 blogs.
6. I'm moody.
7. I love shopping online for my little Asher.
8. I'm the happiest wife and mom in the world.
Considered yourself as tagged. This is fun, promise!
Happy Weekend everyone!
One of the most sought after online universities these days is Capella University. Existing since 1993, they are one of the education leaders in providing masteral and bachelor degree programs in business, information technology, education, human services, psychology, public health, and public safety. They serve more than 20,000 students across the globe so from which part of the world you are, a high-caliber academic excellence can be attained through Capella. Just recently, they buzzed that they're the only online university to offer a graduate degree program with a state-approved specialization in reading and literacy. Check out their latest ‘Inside Online Education’ podcast at http://www.capellacommons.com for more about this buzz.
This blog post was based on information provided by Blogitive. For more information, please visit Blogitive.com.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
all throughout the season.
We need friends to comfort us when we are sad,
and to have fun with us when we are glad.
We need friends to give us good advice,
We need someone we can count on,
and treat us nice.
We need friends to remember us
one we have passed sharing memories
that will always last."
Spread the poem of friendship.1. Everyday Life 2. Words of Love 3. Sheng’s Simple Thoughts . . . 4. good thoughts, good trades 5. Ours and Our Kids 6. Jengspeaks 7.Jacque 8. Snippets of My Mind 9.Melisse’s Domain 10.Seize The Day 11. Eds Mommy Life 12. Just Me.. Eds 13. My Precious Niche 14. Scribbles of My Life 15. The Shopaholic In Me 16. In This Game of Life 17. Stripe&Yellow 19.Something Purple 20.Em’s Detour 21.Living the Healthy Life 22.Doll Me Up 23.Vanity Kit YOU 24. kathycot 25. Love. Happiness. Us. 26. You
Saturday, September 27, 2008
You Are Very Thin
Your BMI is 17.6 - a healthy BMI falls between 18.5 and 25
Don't lose any weight. You already are quite slender.
You could even gain a few pounds if you wanted.
Indulge yourself every once and a while!
Don't agree? Blame the government standards we based this test on!
Friday, September 26, 2008
My wallet that contains a few paper bills, IDs, ATM and Credit Cards; my passport, my bank book, my mobile phone, and prayer book.
2. What's the most embarrassing thing in there?
Hahaha previous month's paid bills, bills and bills. I need to declutter my bag, I know.
3. What's the smallest thing in there?
My yellow hair clip.
4. Is there anything illegal in there?
There is none.
5. How many pens are in there?
I have three..one red Gelball gel pen, one black Value-OA gel pen, one Dong-A black gel pen (I love gel pens!) and one Parker pen. This makes me wonder how come I got so many pens in my bag. LOLz.
6. Do you keep anything edible in there?
When I was still working, I used to stock mints in my bag. But now, I don't have.
7. Are there invoices, receipts, etc in there?
Yes..plenty of them. The oldest, the Dad's receipt dated June 15, 2008.
8. Is the color of your wallet the same as your bag?
Yes, they're both black.
9. Are you a bag person? How many bags do you own?
Not really. I just have a few..3 I think.
10. Are you brand conscious with your bags?
No. I have a few branded bags but they weren't bought. They were gifts to me.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
I'm trying my luck to win Steve's Win It Wednesday $15 Paypal Money Giveaway he's holding over at Youth Ministry Ideas. Joining isn't tough at all as you just have to:
1. Blog about this contest (like what I'm doing now)..and
Just plain easy, isn't it? Now if you want to take a chance, you still have ample time to join since it will last until this coming Tuesday.
I'd love to win so I can buy something for Asher on his 7th month birthday soon. :)
Just leave out the sexual undertone it connotes, but the idea is actually cool. It simply signifies how two married people should complement each other like a nut and bolt. Clever, huh? This by the way is brass, 24k gold plate white zircon, designed by Kiley Granberg.
I wonder if there are also rings like a electric socket & plug, or coffee & cream, or nail & hammer. Or wedding bands that signifies a couple's common interest like gadgets, cars, pets or emblems of more specific ones like Superman movie theme, Benz or Ferrari parts. How amusing would that be.
Husband: I dreamt I was laid off and you lost all your credit cards
Woman: That wasn't a dream. That was a nightmare!
1. Do an honest evaluation and talk about each other's finances
- Lay down what each of you has to offer and come together where you both stand because your financial lives will collectively become one.
2. Figure out the expenses that your financial standing can afford and how to budget.
- Your lifestyle as a couple, the monthly expenses like rent, utilities and the like must be considered. Make an agreement how your salaries (if both of you are working) will be saved, partitioned (like who pays on what).
3. Plan out a savings goal
- This goes to goals like properties to be acquired in the future (house, car, etc), children's education, and business.
4. To handle emergencies, obtain an insurance
- Study thoroughly and get the best deal on insurance. So spend some time perusing all those disability, health and term life insurance quotes from a reputable insurance agency.
5. Prioritize marriage
- Don’t let anything especially money come between the two of you. Work on your marriage and make it your top priority at all times. No amount of salary will make your marriage solid but quality time and open communication will.
You Were the All American Kid
Popular but not plastic. Athletic but not a jock. Smart but not a brain.
You were well rounded and well liked in high school.
Thursday, September 18, 2008
You Get Enough Sleep
Although sometimes it make not feel like it on Monday morning...
You are getting enough sleep.
Want to sleep better? Try wearing socks to bed and turning your clock to where you can't see it.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Since it's gonna be Asher's first Christmas celebration, we're the most excited that's why as early as now I have also started listing down his Christmas Wish List as well as things that Santa Claus will be gifting him. I am also excited for the sales that we'll be happening as the season changes. I'm one manic mommy shopper again if that happens. If only Old Navy could have been accepting international billing details, we're supposed to be waiting for a box full of shopping loots that would be shipped by an Oregon-based friend to here. Then I might as well ask her to send a best buy dell laptop I saw online through portland crating services. Fragile and valued items such as these must be via shipping crates portland as they are not safe to be sent via ordinary shipping boxes. Her mom has tried sending a furniture through Industrial Craters and Packers' crating portland services and they were pleased how the custom crates were done. Their services are commendable for they have been in the business and trusted over the years.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Now this suddenly reminds me of my own pregnancy. The moment I learned that hubby and I were infanticipating, I read countless pregnancy and parenting books and signed up with several pregnancy journal newsletters to educate me about the things I need to know and learn especially that I'm a first time mom. There are tons of new terms that I encountered and one of them is this technology called cord blood banking where a newborn's umbilical cord blood is preserved for potential use against many illnesses like Leukemia, Lymphoma and Immune system disorders. There are already many pregnant Moms who have supported this undertaking that's why initiatives such as Cryo-Cell's "Protect Baby, Protect Mom" are worth trying out. If you'd like to know more about this program, hop on over Cryo-cell's site and check out their "Protect Baby, Protect Mom" Special Limited-Time Introductory Offer.
Further you might want to check out the other Cryo-Cell Innovative Stem Cell Solutions. This is also entirely new to me. I didn't know that our menstrual fluid during our menstrual cycle aren't unsanitary wastes at all. They are source of vital stem cells that are collected, processed and cryo-preserved that may have value over time as new cellular therapies emerge.
Friday, September 12, 2008
There are several types of team sports, mostly involves contending possession for a ball or object. Most common examples and most played are Basketball, Baseball, Soccer and Volleyball. I'm pretty sure that Asher will grow up to be a sports-minded person someday because hubby and I, ourselves, are sports buffs. Hubby loves playing basketball and billiards while I, on the other hand, is into volleyball. It's up to Asher which sport will he choose but I'm making a strong bet, it'd be basketball. Why, you may ask..well just look at the pictures below.
This announcement was paid for by Epocrates.