Thursday, May 29, 2008
If only we have bigger savings, we would have booked already a Branson Missouri getaway and experience the Live Music Capital of the World. I heard it's a such a nice and relaxing place and that there are plenty of activities that can be done. Among the things they boast of is their theme park, Silver Dollar City. It has about thirty rides and attractions that would surely fascinate both the young and the old. The have several vacation packages to choose from and they can even customize and arrange lodging and accommodation needs. I find their packages cool as they even offer shopping gift certificates aside from the usual composition which are lodging, shows, tickets to theme parks.
I tried getting my sleep but I just couldn't. This is so unusual of me since I easily doze off as soon as my back touches the bed when I get home late and tired from work. Well, probably because the scene in our meeting today keeps on replaying in my mind. I had a pretty bad day today, in fact, went home with a troubled mind. Pressure..pressure..pressure. Have lots to do yet I wasn't able to accomplish the tasks I've lined up today. That's what I get when I get swamped with meetings left and right. Then I've got some deadlines to beat.
Went home later than my usual. It's a good thing that Asher just woke up from a nap so I still got to play with him. Earlier, my sister (who just gifted me with a digital frame) messaged me telling me to go home already. Asher's seemingly missing me. What did I do? I hurriedly packed up my things after the meeting that went overtime and headed home.
And now, my mind's still occupied but I'm shrugging it off so I can already sleep.
A tag from Diane.
Participants: 1. Me and Mine 2.Creative In Me 3.Little Peanut 4. Pea in a Pod 5. Sugar Magnolias 6. All Things Me 7. Because Life Is Fun 8. My BIG Picture 9. A Handful of Surprises 10. My Paper Scraps 11. Digitally Diane 12. Somewhere Over the Rainbow. 13. Swept Away. 14. The Scrapaholic Me. 15. Love. Happiness. Us.
* First real job: Bank Teller.
* First screen name: mai19
* First funeral: My grandfather.
* First pet: dog.
* First piercing: ears.
* First tattoo: Never had.
* First credit card: Union Bank (UST) Card.
* First kiss: My Parents (niyahaha..pang-slum book ang sagot)
* First enemy: A playmate.
* Last car ride: Yesterday (taxi cab)
* Last kiss: The husband (after kissing the little boy).
You may grab this if you want.
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Sunday, May 25, 2008
What did you want to be when you were little? I wanted to be a bank teller or a librarian.
Favorite Candy? When I was pregnant, I craved for Mentos Fruity Candy a lot.
What is your best childhood memory? I have a lot. The first that crossed my mind now is when I played lutu-lutuan and mashed with my hands some siling labuyo. I cried madly when I felt my hands having a burning sensation. I got scolded by my Grandma while she helped me relieve the pain.
Different jobs you have had in your life? Tellering, Accounts Payable and Purchasing.
Nicknames? Mai, Ninin.
Piercing? Both ears.
Ever been to Africa? Nope.
Love someone so much it made you cry? Yeah.
Been in a car accident? Never been. This reminds me of the scene we saw along EDSA yesterday. A car got bumped wildly by a bus. Poor rear spoilers, they were seemingly crumpled to bits.
Croutons or bacon bits? Bacon bits.
Favorite day of the week? Weekends. Two full days with my boys.
Favorite restaurants? Sentro, Dampa
Good night everyone. I'm not yet done with my online tasks but I'll just resume it tomorrow along with my futures broker hunting which a friend requested me to do.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
1. Tired - my legs are aching from walking and strolling in the mall this noon.
2. Sleepy - because it's already 11 pm and perhaps because of number one, too.
3. Absent-minded - I can not remember where I placed my pocket watch. Oh well, blame it on the large doses of anesthesia that I got in a span of two months (my delivery last March and my cholecystectomy last month).
1. Drive to Frisco in the morning. Spend time with my in-law’s and my newborn niece who just got discharged from the hospital yesterday.
* We're here and everyone's so excited to see Asher.
2. Have the laptop battery repacked after lunch. Hopefully, this will just take a few minutes.
* We went to Value PC but they said that the laptop battery cannot be repacked due to its specs limitations.
3. Go malling with the hubby and of course, Asher in tow.
* We went to Cyberzone and SM this noon. We went home with some shopping goods. Of course, they're all for our little Asher. We planned to buy memory as a stock for our desktop PC but we changed minds later.
4. Spend the night at Frisco.
* We're here and about to doze off.
5. Try to grab some online time to finish some tasks..and perhaps digiscrap, too.
* I'm almost done with this.
6. Twit albeit several of my twitmates seldom goes online over the weekend.
* Just peeked and truly, there's no one hanging around when I peeped.
Favorite flowers? Tulips. Yellow in particular.
Favorite ice cream? Dirty ice cream...the one being sold by a Mamang Sorbetero.
Disney or Warner Brothers? Both.
Favorite fast food restaurant? KFC rules!
What color is your bedroom carpet? Gray.
How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Never bec I don't drive.
From whom did you get your last e-mail? From Mypointsbonus offering a diamond rings promo.
Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? I don't want to max out my card because it's painful in the pocket come billing and payment time.
What do you do most often when you are bored? Definitely, surf the internet.
Last person you went out to dinner with? I can't remember when I last ate out. But I think it was with the husband.
Ford or Chevy? Any.
How many tattoos do you have? None and I don't have plans of getting one.
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Hmm...I dunno.
Thursday, May 22, 2008
I know that's how my drama is in here and that's how deliquent I am when it comes to updating this blog. Of course, I'm still here..enjoying mommy duties to Asher (read as one-hot-mama/milking cow to him) and toiling office tasks on my last one and a half week. Motherhood turned my priorities three hundred sixty degrees around that's why I tendered my resignation when I reported back to work last week. So there, I'd gonna be a stay-at-home mom for a while and I know that I'd enjoy every moment of it. I'd be missing everything at work...my colleagues, my workstation, our pantry, the leather office chairs, and even my work even though it's totally stressing most of the time. But as they say, being a mother (or stay-at-home mom) is even more rewarding and no money can equalize the fulfillment when you see your child happily thriving under your twenty-four hour care.
Participants: 1. Tere-Blessing in Life 2. Yen-Me and Mine 3.Eds–Just Me.. Eds 4. Alpha-Because Life is Fun 5. Litzie - My BIG Picture 6. Mai - Love. Happiness. Us.
1. What do you want for your birthday? luxury vacations in the Carribean. Of course, that's too much. So I'm okay with a new mobile phone.
2. Who will be your next kiss? Dear son and hubby
3. When was the last time you went to the mall? Last weekend.
4. Are you wearing socks right now? No.
5. How did you spend your summer? Mostly, we're just at home taking care of my newborn.
6. Have you been to the cinema in the last 5 days? No.
7. What was the last thing you had to drink? Water.
8. What are you wearing right now? Shirt and shorts.
9. What was your last purchase? Huggies Diapers.
10. What was the last food you ate? Adobo and sinigang ng bangus.
11. Who would be the person you would call if you were up in the middle of the night and couldn’t sleep? I'd rather bug no one.
12. Have you bought any clothing items in the last week? Yes, for my son.
13. Do you have a pet? We have 2 dogs and a cat in Frisco.
14. What made you laugh in the last 5 days? My dear son giggling.
15. If you could be anywhere right now, where would you be? Hmm..in Boracay.
16. What is the last thing you purchased online? A kit from Pickleberrypop.com.
17. One thing you hate about yourself? My being OC.
18. Do you miss anyone? My dad.
19. What are your plans for the day? It's 8:45 PM. Lull the little one to sleep and retire the night too.
20. Last person you msg’d? Hubby via YM.
21. Ever went to a camp? Nope.
22. Are you a good student in school? Average, I guess...I managed though to grab a Dean's List post during my Freshman and Junior Year in College. Inconsistency..hehe!
23. What do you know about the (your) future? I get older and older every year. Hehe!
24. Are you wearing any perfume or cologne? Bath and Body Works.
25. Where is/are your best friend/s right now? My hubby's just beside me....he's my bestfriend for life.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
So there, please take time to visit and read where almost all of my musings are chronicled. By the way, I need to allot double time with my online assignments. The husband's birthday is fastly approaching and Asher and I still don't have a gift for the big boss. He's wishing for a Canon EOS 400D so I do really need to speed up my online biz. I'm bargaining though, if ever we can purchase one for him soon, I told him that we'll be having fractional ownership over it. Lolz.
Friday, May 09, 2008
I've just migrated it to a paid web host yesterday. Installation and redirection of DNS servers done. Propagation takes up to 24 hours though so pardon if you can't still access it at the moment. I hope it does go live real soon. Watch out for a brand new blog. :)
Wednesday, May 07, 2008
I couldn't resist all the enablers and tempting previews from each digiscrapping forum that I got addicted shopping and stuffing carts with goodies. Now my paypal is holed and needs to be replenished asap. The husband might raise an eyebrow on me with this shopping addiction. Is there a sort of a drug rehab for this? Tell me..I'm sure the husband will be delighted.