Saturday, March 07, 2009

Friday 5.

friday5smalllogo

  1. On March 6, 1869, Dmitri Mendeleev presented the first Periodic Table of the Elements to the Russian Chemical Society. What memories do you have of your high-school chemistry course? :: I hated Chem but ironically, I got good grades.
  2. On March 6, 1899, the Bayer company registered aspirin as a trademark. When did you last take medication for pain? :: I can't recall actually. As much as possible, I refuse to take any medicines since I'm breastfeeding.
  3. On March 6, 1853, Giuseppe Verdi’s opera La Traviata premiered in Venice. How do you feel about opera? :: Boring.
  4. On March 6, 1947, American film director Rob Reiner (Meathead!) was born. Which of these Reiner-directed films have you seen, and what do you think of them? ::
    • The American President (1995) - haven't seen this I think
    • A Few Good Men (1992) - nice story
  5. On March 6, 1972, American basketball-player Shaquille O’Neal was born. How do you feel about basketball? :: I love watching basketball games especially if it's college basketball. I find it more interesting than watching SCX slot cars racing.

No comments: