Saturday, October 31, 2009

Always Connected To WWW

I have always been an online freak ever since I discovered the internet a few years back. I researched about my projects and assignments over the internet, got fond of emails for connecting with friends, got hooked with online chatting, got dependent in finding our wedding suppliers online for our wedding, developed great interest in digital scrapbooking, the digital kits of which are all downloaded from the internet. And now, I’m so into blogging lately and it has actually been my bread and butter for more than two years now.

Way back, I used to scrimp and depend on very frustratingly slow dial-up connections. I can still recall that I downloaded mp3s for hours and with sites that take about a minute or more before it is fully downloaded. That is why I was so delighted when my Dad subscribed to a broadband internet. Finally, I was able to download a 5 MB song in less than 3 minutes and with web pages loading in just a blink of an eye. Actually, there are a lot of internet providers out there like Qwest high speed Internet offering ultra fast speeds of 1.5, 7, 12 and even 20Mbps - up to 125 times the speed of a 56Kbps dial-up modem. What's even remarkable about them is that they offer quality Qwest phone service apart from the commendable internet service. With these speeds, surfing the net has never been this fast and exciting. The latest big thing that was introduced is the wi-fi (wireless fidelity) technology. Wireless broadband has only been available in hotspots coffee shops, wi-fi cafes and offices before. But now it has also become available for home use at a reasonable price.

As I've mentioned, I never let a day pass without accessing the web and checking my emails. With all of these online activities that I do, I can’t afford to have a very slow or intermittent connection. Luckily, our local DSL provider here in the Philippines very seldom fails me and they are at par with the speed that Qwest provides.

No comments: