Monday, June 20, 2011

Champions!

One of the basketball tournaments that the husband’s basketball team joined ended the other week and guess who emerged as the champion..it’s none other than their team!  I was all smiles when he texted me that they won by just two points via a buzzer beater shot by his teammate.  I wasn’t able to watch their championship game since it was scheduled so late and it’s just impossible for us to brave the traffic towards Mandaluyong at 10 pm.  Nevertheless, I prayed for their success and supported their team in spirit.  Before each game, I always remind the husband to play safely and stay away from injuries.  He’s been complaining about a minor pain on his left knee and this worried me because I have heard stories about players needing a knee brace for torn acl.  ACL stands for Anterior Cruciate Ligament and it’s one of the four major ligaments of our knees.  Athletes usually suffer from torn acl due to straining lateral rotational sports movements.  This requires surgery and complete rest for several months for the ligament to completely heal and rehabilitate.  Glad that this isn’t the case for the husband as the pain’s now gone and could have just been a minor muscle strain or that sort.

No comments: