Saturday, May 21, 2005

My cyst is gone..

With reference to my previous post..am just glad that my cyst on my right hand is gone. I underwent yesterday a 40-minute surgical excision of my ganglion cyst at Patient First Glorietta. (Thanks Dr. Cabreza!) For the first time in my 24 yrs of existence, I got to lie down in the Operating Room; got my first injection of anesthesia; got my first stitches. What was I feeling? Quite excited because this would be my first time but at the same time..a lot frantic about the pain I know I'd be going through. Not to mention the adjustment I would have to make while waiting for the excision wound to cure.


In as much as I am glad that the cyst is removed..am still somewhat grimacing in pain because of the stitches. Unfortunately, still don't know how many stitches I got since I was so coward (hehe!) to look at it while it was being done. Am just glad that I was lying down while doc did it. I really didn't have the courage to peek at it..baka mahimatay lang ako with the sight..though am not hemophobic, the sight of seeing your flesh under your skin is still different. The whole time, I was looking up the ceiling..counting and observing how the flourescent lamp flicked while listening to doc making kwento. He even interviewed me about my upcoming wedding hehe! (he saw my engagement ring kasi). Generally, it was painless..but i could really feel na may "kinakayod" sa loob. There were also times that I felt the pain and doc had to inject anesthesia again. When he said na "ayan malapit na.." that was the time when he's stitching it na pala and then when I happened to glanced his way..I saw the thread..tapos ayun I really could feel the thread being stitched on my skin. Yikes..ganun pala feeling ng tela.

As part of our company health benefits, we could reimburse such surgical expenses from our health insurance. Initially, I thought of paying it through credit card (didn't withdraw since I had no idea how much exactly would it be..). But with the bandage on my right hand, I suddenly realized that I could not write (am right-handed) ergo, I could not sign the charge slip. Buti na lang talaga, Paul filed a half-day leave frm work to accompany me (awww how sweet!). He offered to have his card be used (awww sweeter!) just joking baby! He was also my alalay for the whole day..he even fed me kasi nga hirap kumain with your left hand noh. Hay I suddenly realized how great it is and how lucky you are having two hands...and of course, having someone to take care of you. I feel for those disabled ones who only have one hand to move and do everything.

I know u may be wondering how am I typing at this moment..well, being the blog-addict that I am, I've learned to type just with my left hand. I even learned how to text, hold a spoon, undress, all with my left hand. I even managed to take a bath without help (buti na lang may shower!) What I can't do lang is to write..kaya nga I'm might be forced to extend my sick leave until tuesday eh. My sisters are even teasing me that I'm "inutil" daw..haha! of course not..u see I can type pa o!

Need to rest..will update tomorrow regarding our musicians..yup! we have na.. yahoo!

Last na hirit: I miss my right hand na! :(

No comments: