Friday, October 13, 2006

Meeting Madame President

I'm just amazed how time really flies so fast. I can't believe na it's been 3 weeks na pala since I started work..and yey! Di ko namalayan ang time kasi medyo na-engrossed sa work agad hehe! (excuse for neglecting my blog these days? hehe!) My first 3 weeks got me involved agad with the preparation of a big event in the company. We had our Building Dedication (blessing) last Wednesday and no other than GMA lang naman ang special guest. O di ba, astig!

Since I'm with the Purchasing group, we were busied with sourcing suppliers and ordering from vendors for the event...and grabe most of these transactions were all rush order requirements kaya ngarag kami at nangarag din ng suppliers. Pero rewarding naman ang experience..the event was succesful and bigatin kasi it's my first time to see in person & even shook hands with the highest ranking official in our country. Yes...I got to shake hands with Madame President, not only once but twice - nung dumating at nung paalis na siya! In fairness, she was in the mood that time, all-smiling & amiable and stayed for almost an hour when in fact, her itenerary should've just included the unveiling of the Dedication Mark for a 15-minute activity. Kinamayan kaming lahat sa Finance Dept hehe! She also listened to a mock-up telephone inquiry between a CSA & a client and joined our corporate officials in a breakfast/merienda salo-salo. I have a video clip of this encounter with GMA kaso di ko maforward to my email from my phone. Sayang..share ko sana.

Yiha! TGIF!!! and double yey! just got my first pay woohoo!!! :D

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you! Welcome to the call center industry. =)

Jigs said...

Wow naman! Edi close na kayo nyan? Pahingi naman ng cellphone number nya para textmates kami! :P

tin-tin said...

ako khet sa government work, never ko pa sya nakita

chuching said...

congrats on the new work! it can really get overwhelming at first but i'm sure you'll get the hang of things in time.

hindi naman fakish ang smile ni gma? kasi ganun ang impression ko sa kanya e. naka smile pero pilit.

Anonymous said...

hi mai!sounds like you're enjoying your new job :) at rubbing elbows ka pa with gma, hehe!