Monday, October 02, 2006

Tigers Rule!!!!!!!!

I bet you know what I'm blogging excitedly about tonight!

Eversince I learned that UST Tigers won against the Ateneo Blue Eagles in the UAAP Game 3 Finals this afternoon 74-76 via Overtime regulation through the shoutbox of Ustexchange, I was so overwhelmed with pride and joy that I couldn't wait to get home and watch the replay on TV. I was in the office working my ass off but I just couldn't concentrate as the heart-pumping blow by blow details are being entailed by the USTexers, along with hubby's YM messages who luckily was watching the game in their office along with his Thomasians & Atenean colleagues. Hay! I was really itching to go home and absorb the action up close. Buti na lang talaga may replay on TV..and there having watched the replay, I just witnessed how they bagged the crown and felt the proud Thomasian spirit filled the Dome as they sang the UST Hymn..can't help with the goosebumps that I felt..sarap ng feeling..so nostalgic talaga and I'm just glad being a Thomasian.

Champion Tigers at '69
(photo grabbed from www.philstar.com)

Grabe! After 10 years of title drought, they were able indeed to bring back the glory years of the UST Tigers in the 90's. Until now as I'm composing my entry, can't help but wear this big smile on my face and a thankful heart to the Lord for bringing out the best in them. A Cinderella story indeed..who would've thought, a team that wasn't favored to win early this season and barely making it to the Final Four, defied all odds and emerged victoriously in the end?

**commercial break lang muna, Saksi on GMA 7 is featuring about the game this afternoon at katuwa yung pag-alaskahan ng mga anchors na sina Vicky Morales who's an Atenean and Arnold Clavio, a Thomasian.**

Congratulations din for the Blue Eagles for putting up a One Big Fight. In fairness, magagaling din naman talaga sila and they have nothing to be ashamed of..siguro the Tigers just have the bigger dreams, heart and greater desire to win.

As the Thomasian crowd cheers go: Go USTe! Go USTe! Go USTe! Go go go go!

ust

7 comments:

QT said...

im so happy for them! proud to be thomasian din ang beauty ko! galing =p

dionne said...

weeee! i was having the blow by blow update through texts from my sister. muntik na kong sumigaw when she said we won. kakahiya kasi i was in training then. hahaha!

Jigs said...

CONGRATS sa double whammy ng UST sa UAAP! :)

Anonymous said...

my sister is from ust too kaya alam mo na may uaap fever din sa bahay! hahaha... we're all for UST kaya.... go uste!!!

tin-tin said...

when i heard bout the win, kaw naisip ko. congrats! :)

bonita said...

ey mai! congrats to UST for winning this year's UAAP championship :D i heard it was a great game! my brother watched it and he was so disappointed we lost, hehe. i guess we'll try our luck next year then! :D cheers!

Anonymous said...

hi there. congrats sa ust. hehehe. pareho tayong champions in our respective leagues.

maybe we can exchange links. what do you think?