Thursday, October 05, 2006

Overwhelmed..

..BUT challenged!

That goes to the work that I'm dealing with right now.

When a former colleague (now my desk buddy at C) encouraged me to try out this post, I thought I was only engaging myself with a "mere" part time job while I'm waiting for some other pending applications, thus, with a project employee post. Having been aware of the reason why I resigned from GT, sabi niya, "don't worry purely purchasing tasks but dedicated to the Operations needs lang ang gagawin mo. Parang ikaw lang ang bridge between the Ops and the vendors." With that and of course with the pay that's equal to the salary I left at GT, I accepted the job offer.

Two weeks have almost gone by since, and I'm starting to have the real feel of my job. I'm on my way to get the hang of it though I feel I'm still depending too much with Joy of the things and decisions I have to make. Overwhelmed..I couldn't say na nalulunod na ako with the tasks that I'm handling, in fact, wala pa nga ako dun sa peak kungbaga...pero ngayon pa lang, laging overtime galore na ako... siguro it's just natural to feel overwhelmed kasi nag-aadjust. But what I do like is that kahit na extended ang working hours at walang OT pay, I could say na I'm enjoying what I'm doing. I'm just glad na panibagong skills na naman ang natututunan ko ngayon..I've never handled purchasing kasi before and I'm looking forward to learn and hone my skills further. Add to that, seems like sarap kasama ang Finance group. By the way, we had our monthly staff meeting kanina with our Director then after that, proceeded to Marina Jupiter for our lunch...as in pig out talaga with crispy pata, baked talaba, kare-kare, sinigang, pinakbet, talaba, ensaladang mangga, ensaladang talong, etc..blowout daw ng mga September celebrants sa department. Siguro one thing I like about our department is that, most are young and of my age..though meron ding medyo seniors na pero mostly mid-20's.

Anyway, back to being overwhelmed, today I learned na I'm in for more pala. C will be centralizing its Vendor Contract Management system worldwide and I'm surprised how our Manager vested her trust in me to handle it, for C Philippines that is. Hay! Nalula naman ako. Am I ready for that big leap??? Scary! but I'm challenged. :)

With the lack of blogging time, I'll just summarize some highlights of my week and some random thoughts na rin at the moment:
1. Went to my OB yesterday for my monthly check-up..I'm on my third month of work up na..hay! wish ko lang magbunga ang kakainom ko ng clomiphene citrate.
2. Haha! kabago-bago sa work, leave agad. Well, la ako choice, monthly check-up eh.
3. Napagkamalan akong med rep ng secretary ng OB ko kaya ayun, I waited for about 3 hours bago ma-check-up ni Dra. Hay! I'd no longer relate the details dahil maiinis lang ako ulit.
4. I got my passport ammended na with my married name. (Thanks Chris!)
5. I haven't digiscrapped for two weeks now. Huhu! Dami ko pa man ding new kits courtesy of DSP's Club Digital which I won from the NKOTB contest before.
6. Yipee! may 120G External Hard Disk na kami ni hubby. Pwede ko na store dun mga digiscrapping kits ko.
6. Mukhang masaya yung Victory Party kagabi ng Thomasians kahit na inulan. Na-feature kagabi sa TV Patrol..wow grabe ang Tigers Champion Fever! Ironic lang, Parokya ni Edgar ang nag-concert dun (mga atenista yun eh).
7. I'm missing my hubby now. He went home kasi sa QC last night and bukas pa niya ako sunduin para sabay kami uwi doon for the weekend. I prefer going home kasi dito sa Makati (my parents' house) pag weekdays since tricycle away lang ang Convergys.
8. I recently signed up with a Forum for Pinay Digiscrappers...saya! http://phpdigiscrapper.proboards78.com/
9. Yey! TGIF tomorrow! Dress down nga pala kami bukas.
10. Inaantok na ako!
On that note, I have to go....I have a busy Friday ahead, I need to reserve much rest. Till then...

5 comments:

tin-tin said...

sana nga successful na. hehe. makati girl ka na ha :)

mukhang you're enjoying your work ha :)

bonita said...

hi mai! :) thanks for dropping by my site! looks like you're really busy with work! good luck! :) i'll link you to my blog ha? :) cheers!

Anonymous said...

Uy, Makati girl ka na! Hehe. Good luck on your new job! :P

*eLLe* said...

tagal ko na po di nakadalaw dito :)

mukhang ok po yung job niyo ah, and mabuti naman po at naeenjoy niyo. kain ka ng bagoong rice sa may enterprise ah hehe :)

congrats sa uste! honestly, ikaw po yung una kong naisip nung nagchampion ust hehe. yung boyfriend ko parang walang pakialam, para bang di niya school yunh nanalo hehe :)

Jigs said...

Baka magkita kayo ng cousin ko sa Makati! He also works there! (parang ang liit ng makati diba? LOL!)

I really like how youre feeling towards your job. Dapat laging positive as much as possible. :)