Sunday, October 01, 2006

Whooaaa!

Surprised? Naah, typhoon "Milenyo" didn't storm through and ransacked my blog thus, with the new look. I just feel like having a new ambiance around here as I got bored already with the old layout. One, aside from changing the design, I started revamping some links on the sidebar and I'm planning to clean it up more on the next coming days or weekends perhaps. Two, I painstakingly went through the codes and finally, whew! corrected some syntax errors that had been bugging in the old layout. Three, yey! no more after-10-years-loading-drama...did you notice it?

Yey! I "survived" my first week at work, di pa naman ganun ka-busy and somewhat lax pa ang workload and schedule but I feel the greater chunks of duties are about to start pouring in next week, though.

I never realized how big trouble the typhoon left the metropolis until I saw uprooted trees on the road, collapsed EDSA billboards, bogged down MRT & LRT operations, landslides killing several people and some homes not having their electricity restored yet until this very moment. Luckily, I was at home then when the typhoon hit the city. We were directed by our Director not to report for work if we don't have any critical deliverables that day. So I just stayed at home...watched how umbrellas of passersby flipped to a cup position and witnessed how our neighbor's wash basin (batya) got carried and blown away by the strong winds. Buti na lang, half-day din lang si hubby and classes were earlier suspended naman so we stayed at home lang with my brother. Nagkulitan, slept the afternoon away and pigged out with pancit canton for merienda as darkness hovered the metropolis because of the blackout. 8:30 PM, we were dozing off na..wala kasing magawa hay! Our electrical power was restored at 2:30 am Friday morning and I was just surprised to know ang dami kong colleagues na brownout pa rin daw sa houses nila. Even in my in-laws' house in Frisco, wala pa ding kuryente hanggang ngayon kaya di kami makauwi dun and Paul and I are still here in Makati (my parents' house). Thank God, we managed to survive the wrath of the typhoon. Sana lang last na yun...it was terrifying kasi.

Double yahoo! for the UST Tigers. They survived Finals Game 2 today against Ateneo 87-71 and got back confidently from their heartbreaking one-point-loss last Saturday. Go get the Championship Trophy on Monday, Tigers! Woohoo! Go USTe!!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Nice new layout. Haha!

Nakakatakot nga ng sobra ang bagyo nung Thursday. May pasok nga rn ako nun sa office, hindi na lang ako pumasok.

Yehey! MONDAY na! Magcha-champion na ang USTe! WOOHOO! (Yes, confident ako! LOL)

lheeanne said...

Wow congrats to ur work at ganda new template. pwede kobag crushin yan(crush ko) nyahahah! hate ko mga billboards kc alam kong ganyan mangyayari pag me bagyo. bagyuhin pa nmn sa pinas!

Anonymous said...

hi mai!
ganda ng bagong lay-out a.i can tell na fave color mo ang blue.hehe!

Anonymous said...

GO USTE! congrats naman sa iyong first week sa work... haaaay... ganda lay out ah.... nde ko nakilala

Anonymous said...

I think late na ang email ko sa iyo... i loooovvvve your new face here. ang ganda. so refreshing! kami ngayon lang nagka-kuryente. imagine 4 days of darkness? lol. just glad the typhoon's over!

take care.

Heidi said...

I like the new look... very refreshing, hehehe!

tin-tin said...

di mo din gusto ang blue ha. hehe. i like your new layout :)