Monday, September 25, 2006

First Day High

* Nasasabik sa unang araw ng eskwela, taas-kamay with confidence let's do the first day high *

Apart from having that as my LSS, (last song syndrome)..I had the euphoric feeling that of an excited student on his first day of school this morning..only, for me, it has got to do with my first day of work. Brand new week, brand new day, brand new work. And how did it go? well, not much tasks yet, mostly...just some "tunganga" moments while reading a manual and familiarizing myself about the Purchasing Processes I'll be dealing with in the coming days and observing while I was oriented by a colleague whom I'll be sharing tasks with. Only she wasn't able to orient me fully yet as she has some urgent matters to attend to. So pasundot-sundot pa lang. While the things I'll be needing and my PC are being set-up, I also took the time to accomplish first the necessary HR, agency and bank forms for new hires. As Joy said, samantalahin habang wala pa ang workload, so savor the moment hehe!

As I had experience working for a call center also in the Finance Department before, I'm hoping I'd be able to adjust well with the culture and new working environment easily. Colleagues wise, I'm just fortunate to work again with two colleagues who used to be my close officemates way back my Contactpoint years. In fact, they are the ones who referred me to this job for the mean time as I'm waiting for my application with a government corporation. (So Tin, yep, I'm still pursuing my desire to work for the government hehe!) So at least, panatag ang loob ko kasi we pretty knew each other and go along well. I missed their company especially yung lunch outs namin kaya I'm just estatic to go through those again..in fact nagsimula na kanina hehe!

As for the workload I'd be having, I'm given a heads up and I'm expecting it's not gonna be a walk in the park. Anticipating such, in fact, made me miss my "batugan" life that ended yesterday. I'm missing my limitless sleeping, digiscrapping, surfing...though I have internet connection naman sa office but then siyempre alangan naman gawin ko mga yun haha! But then again, at least, I'd be wearing a big grin on my face come Oct 15, wouldn't I?


On a sad note, my heart is still weeping with yesterday's UAAP Finals Game 1 results between UST & Ateneo. Probably, you have read/seen the story on the news or even watched it how the Tigers almost had it but lost with a big mistake on the last second of the game (yes! as in 1 second). Darn! I was there in the coliseum and was one among the yellow gallery rejoicing when Allan Evangelista sank the shot that gave them the one-point lead with 2-3 seconds left. Early on with the game, it was one heck of a neck-to-neck battle...as in nagpapalitan lang ng lead. And who would've thought, the game will be decided on the last second of the Fourth Quarter as the Atenean Kramer sank the ball easily from a genius play designed by their Coach. As the Tigers' Coach Pido said, nakalimutan ang depensa. They learned their lesson in a hard way..but then..it ain't over 'til it's over. May Game 2 pa and I'm sure the Tigers will be back with a vengeance on Thursday. As they say, pag nadadapa, lalong nacha-challenge at nagiging matapang..Anyway, win or lose, the UST Tigers have already proven their abilities this season...kaya:


Black gold, black white
Go fight, fight, fight
and win for U-S-T!!!!!
go USTe!!!!

10 comments:

*eLLe* said...

bawi na lang kayo sa thursday :)

Anonymous said...

Bitter pa rin ako sa pagkatalo ng UST. Tapos 1 second lang? Grrr.

Haaaaay. Bawi na lang tayo sa Thursday. GO USTEEEEEEEEE!

Anonymous said...

tanung lang mai? why do you want to work in a gov't office? ako at si hubby we both work in the gov't and we're both under paid. tapos dami anomalies na minsan nakakalungkot kahit gusto mo may magawa ka pero you have no such power to do so... baka matapon ka sa timbuktu at mawalan ng trabaho if you stand up for what you believe in!

tin-tin said...

hahaha. grabe! serbisyong bayan ka talaga ha. ourchasing.. parang sounds familiar. hehehe. good luck ate mai :)

Anonymous said...

ahuhuhuu ako din eh

NAPAMURA talaga!!! bwiset! nde ko parin mapigilan sarili ko magmura pag naiisip ko un!


anyhoo... may trabaho ka na pala uli! whahahhah haay... ako kaya kelan magkakatrabaho? whaihi

Unknown said...

Sobrang ganda ng laban! Panalo!

Anonymous said...

hey there, first time around your site and i can't help but comment. i watched game 1 on tv and super asar talaga kami ng mga friends ko. we almost had it sana noh? but i guess hindi talaga para satin ung game na un. well, its not over yet at may saturday pa. so humanda nalang ang ateneo. hahaha.

ingats po :D

Jigs said...

I'm happy to read that you like what youre doing now. :)

Sorry about UST's loss. :(

Anonymous said...

Goodluck to your School and Congratulations to your corporate job!
Busing bisi na beauty mo ngayon.
Love your LOs.

Anonymous said...

as i read your blog and comment on this post, USTe is up by 10 pts with 7mins remaining.. im sure, happy ka.. sana lang, hindi madisgrasya maya-maya, haha! =p

good luck on your work! kwento ka ha! =p