Monday, September 18, 2006

Bum..no more?

It's been a while since I last updated my blog. I was caught up among so many things since last week and possible in the coming weeks ahead.

I was busy updating my resume, filling up application forms, readying some requirements scanning online job search matches and still doing endless settling variance and clearance with GT. :D
-- Yes, I'm about to bid farewell to my being bum...and I'd definitely miss my five-month of lazying around, sleeping and waking up at my desired time, pigging out the whole day, unlimited internet surfing/blogging/bloghopping and non-stop digiscrapping. Hehe sounds like fun, wasn't it? While waiting for the results of my pending application with a government corporation (finally, my civil service eligibility I earned last August will be put to use), I'll be trying for the mean time a project employee post for a call center's support group that a former colleague offered me. Hmm...the work, environment and the pay..all in one package...is something worth being excited about and looking forward to. So there you go, as early as now I'm announcing, there will definitely be some blog absence in the coming weeks. Pero babalik at babalik pa rin naman ako, don't worry. Will also try to sneak in and peep in your blogs once in a while.

I'd also like to blab how supportive I've been of UST Tigers' campaign this season onset with the UAAP Final Four...this time, I didn't resort just merely rooting for them on TV. I watched their two latest games live! Their rubber match with the Adamson Falcons for the 3rd spot last Thursday at ULTRA and their first thrilling Final Four match with the UE Red Warriors yesterday amidst the huge crowd at the Araneta Colisseum. Ibang-iba talaga if you watch and cheer for your alma mater live. And definitely sweeter pag nananalo sila. Haha! Worth it yung binabayad and masakit na sore throat after ng games kasi nanalo UST. With UE enjoying a twice to beat advantage in the Final Four, the Tigers are all set and growling to get Game 2 from them to advance to the finals and face the Ateneo Eagles for the championship title who are now relaxing on their Finals seat as they won over the Adamson Falcons yesterday.

We also watched yesterday's match between the Eagles and the Falcons..and oh boy! grabe ang tension! Sobrang init ng mga ulo ng mga players and coaching staff of the Eagles. At sobrang mas mainit ang mga ulo ng mga Eagles' fans. They were abhoring and cursing the referees for their inconsistent calls. Well, its alright to express their disgust pero naturn off talaga ako when some fans went to the extent of attempting to hurt the referrees physically on their way out of the court during the halftime period. Masyadong affected at ramdam na ramdam ang poot. Nakakahiya talaga kasi mga kababaeng tao and "respetado" pa man din ang mga dating nila..as in medyo may edad na. Siguro nanay ng isang player? Ewan ko lang. Sayang ang pagiging "atenean" nila. Tsk tsk!

In the midst of these things, siyempre pa, nilalasap ko na ang mga huling araw ng pagkahilig ko with digiscrapping. Katuwa kasi kasali pa rin ako sa Digital Elite Team contest ng DSP. It's on its 3rd week na. It started with 186 layouts, then trimmed down to 80 and just last week further cut down to 40 entries! And yes! katuwa talaga kahit na ang hirap mag-isip ng new concept at style every week. Anyway, here are my entries, the last of which is the latest that made me advanced this far: (just click on the thumbnail to view it larger..credits are likewise displayed on the gallery)


Ins.pi.ra.tion - DET4 Round 1 - Relax, Dad! - DET4 Round 2 - Through My Window - DET4 Round 3

And of course, I'd like to share my fave layout I did so far...this layout also made me win in one contest at DSP just recently.

Forever Lasting


Journaling:
You’ve always been there for me through the good & bad times. Always my strength when I’m weak, my soul uplifter when I’m down, my number one proud fan for every triumph. You’ve always made me feel how lucky I am to be loved...little did you know, I’ve always loved you much more than you love me.

Credits:
Memories Ploppers by Lauren Bavin
September Club Digital
A Splash of Colour Add-on Pack2 by Lauren Bavin
Fonts: Bradley Hand, Hanshand, Freebooter Script

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi sister! i will miss your post definitely...

good luck on your venture to a new career life in a call center....yup, you'll get better pay...definitely, but the risk of the shifting sked is where your mind conditioning should be...

good luck and im happy for you...

Rainier & Katrina said...

hi sis! Congratulations on ur new job! I've been in a call center for 6 years now! Good pay nga...hahaha! :) It pasy the bills sis!

hindi masyado pressured ang work! hahaha :)

tin-tin said...

gusto mo tlga sa government noh?

wow! may chance na manalo ang iba sa digiscrapping. hehehe ;p

dionne said...

hi mai! congrats sa new job! =D sayang wala nang bummin' around. =D

QT said...

hi mai! congratulations on ur new job. sana masingit mo pa din mag blog as we will definitely miss you!

take care!

Anonymous said...

hi mai! good luck on ur new adventure. i will miss ur posts. dapat update ka pa din kahit di na ganon kadalas ha. :)

take care! & say hi to paul for us ;)

Jigs said...

Balik ka na sa workforce! LOL! Goodluck reintroducing your bummed out body to the hectic world of jobs! :)

Basta wag makalimot bumisita sa blog ko! LOL! :)

Iba talaga ang Alma Mater, lagi talagang nakasuporta!

& said...

diba nabasa ko na to? :))

anyway. wow. first day of wooork. sana ganyan din ako - may magandang work. ahehehe. wala lang.

na-shock pa rin ako sa admu - ust match. astig talagaa!! http://vindication.wordpress.com

bago na ang blog ko. bisita ka naman. :(