Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Hello '07..So Long '06 (& Other Updates)

Yay! *insert "talon-talon" here*

It's the 2nd day of the year and let me first wish you all a Happy New Year! May 2007 open up for you more opportunities that will lead you to a path of continuted success, joy and good health.

I've been meaning to blog these past few days but blogger (now on their non-beta version) keeps on bumping me out. For some reason, di ako makalog-in (even before the Taiwan Quake a few days ago screwing up lots of servers internationally). Anyone, encountering the same dilemma? Now, I'm thinking of moving my entries to a new crib. Wordpress? Typepad? Hmmm...I'll ponder on that muna.

Anyway, as I bid farewell to '06 with this layout...I suddenly realized that life has always been colorful with all the ups & downs I went through last year. Initially, akala ko dumaan lang ang taon ng ganun-ganun lang..boy i was wrong. Marami-rami palang pangyayari na di ko mapagkasya sa isang layout lang. Anyway, here are some of my 2006 highlights:


2006: In Review

Journalling reads: January - adjusting with newlywed life. February - Bye-bye Globe Telecom. March - My 25th Birthday. April - Puerto Galera with Accenture Careers Team. May - Summertime at Laiya, San Juan, Batangas. June - Filipino Blog of the Week. July - Boracay trip with High School Barkada. August - Digiscrap trapped, insanely addicted. September - Passed the Civil Service Eligibility Test. October - Met Madame President/UST Tigers ruled UAAP. November - Baby Akil is our angel. December - Xmas Party w/ CVG

Credits here.

My wishes as the Year of the Boar enters:
* peace
* joy
* financial & career stability
* good health
* contentment
* more love
* more challenges (ironically, yes, we need to have these as it's through them we become maturer and stronger)
* and as always, our ultimate wish..a baby!

Cheers, everyone!

**Wisdom Tooth Update**
Finally, I'm seeing & feeling progress day by day. I'm a bit back to my old eating habits..being a voracious eater, that is. Though the sutured gums haven't completely closed & healed yet, I can now eat & swallow better. And just last night, after having our supper at Frisco, I ate tacos, mashed potato, lasagna & siomai when we got home in Makati..read that as "Merienda after Dinner??" lolz. Ala ng pain..no more swelling as well. The only thing na di ko magawa is rolling my tongue on the sides of my left teeth kasi na-s-stretch ang inner gums..though di na masakit but still, inaalalayan ko lang kasi baka lalong di magclose.

**Pyro's Now An Angel**
Pyro, a friend's 3-yr old nephew who was battling the big C for a year, finally joined his Creator last Dec. 27. While his demise is saddening, I'm sure his loved ones are consoled with the thought that he will no longer be in pain but rather in ultimate state of happiness. And I'm sure Py is even happier with the memories and love that were sent his way. I can still recall his angelic, delighted face when his wish was granted to meet Batista in person at Wish Ko Lang. Read more of his plight and Py's life here and please say a little prayer for Angel Py and his family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy new year mai! based from the your back, it was a great year indeed. tc!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you,too, Mai! :) Thanks for dropping by:)

Anonymous said...

hello Mai...thanks for tagging me! Hope u have a great new yr!

Can I link u up? Take care...

Anonymous said...

HAPPY 2007! Greater blessings to come!

tin-tin said...

parang more on happy moments ang 2006 mo :)

happy new year mai! :)