Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Missin' Baguio & Pasko Kwento

==Missin' Baguio==
I shouldn't be here blogging at this moment. Or let me rephrase that, I could be blogging at this very moment but not here...dapat andun ako sa kabundukan ngayon eh..feeling the cool december Baguio breeze with dear hubby and his family. Every year kasi, his family make it a point na mag-Pasko or magbakasyon dun (got to experience that family tradition for the first time last year after the wedding). Pero ngayon, while my hubby is enjoying up there, here I am naiwan..nursing my 6th day old healing, sutured gums where my impacted wisdom tooth used to lodge.

Yes, I'm still battling with the pain brought about by the surgery/extraction of my wisdom tooth. Actually, I thought I was doing well on the 4th-5th day after the operation. It wasn't bleeding anymore, the swelling has subsided, the pain was manageable inching away gradually. I could then "swallow" semi-solid foods (or kaya siya nagiging semi-solid lang kasi laging sinasabawan ng crab and corn soup). And in fact, I was overly stuffed nung Noche Buena. I don't know if that was due to the voracious appetite that I've always had or bumabawi lang kasi ilang araw din akong tag-gutom or should I say, "soupy" meals lagi. I ate pansit, chicken, mashed potato, chocolate mousse, sugpo, blueberry cheesecake for the Noche Buena...sinong mag-aakalang kagagaling ko lang ng operasyon di ba? Yes, I was able to taste and eat them all, kaso sobrang bagal kumain and di masyadong ma-savor ang yumminess kasi I have been chewing with my right molars, which until now di pa rin ako sanay (i'm a lefty kasi).

Anyway, on with the kwento...hubby and I were supposed to take a night trip to Baguio last night (25th). So after nga magpakabusog, I woke up on Christmas morning with a sore mouth and aching gums that lasted throughout the day. I was really crying na in the afternoon sa sakit and kahit na I took a Dolfenal 500 mg, the pain was intense pa rin and I could see and taste na may blood na naman. With a heavy heart, I was forced na maiwan while hubby went on with the trip with his Dad (nauna na ibang family members nila nung 24th). Planado na pa man din ang lahat...kainis! We were thinking na baka matagtag ako at mapagod ng husto sa biyahe at baka lalong mahirapan mag-heal. Kaya eto, naiwan ako ngayon dito sa bahay walang magawa (fortunately, di na masakit ngayon). My dad and stepmom (who arrived from saudi on the 18th) naman, headed for a long trip to Isabela a few hours ago to visit naman my Lola. This morning, I went back na to my dentist to have the stitches removed and at the same time, para macheck ang healing progress. Sabi ni dentist, the wound hasn't closed and isn't completely healed yet and may pumapasok na food remnants or particles causing occasional pains. Kaya eto rest..rest and rest para magheal na and madalas mag-gargle ng OralHex. Kainis lang kasi naiwan sa Frisco yung Nicholas Sparks book ko which di ko pa tapos basahin and yung external hard disk kaya hindi rin ako makapagdigiscrap naman. Buti na lang, newly repaired yung PS2 ni brother kaya nakikilaro ako ng Grand Theft Auto hehe!

==Pasko Kwento==
Since we got married, we already have agreed our Christmas and New Year setup. We'll be spending Christmas with my family since my dad takes his vacation off from work in Saudi during December. Nagkataon naman na oddly, kung wala sa Baguio, hubby's family doesn't prepare a Noche Buena but have a grand Media Noche on New Year's Eve. So pag New Year sa kanila naman kami kasi bukod sa Media Noche, they're armed with all sorts of firecrackers para mas mafeel ang festive mood. Which on the other hand naman, walang ganun sa family namin eversince my dad and sister met a minor accident on firecrackers many years ago. So quits lang di ba?

So nung 24th, hubby and I were here in Makati. We heard mass at 8 pm together with my dad, stepmom, ate Tet, & Rely. Immediately after, we already ate our Noche Buena kasi we were all gutom na. As mentioned earlier, we had pansit, chicken, mashed potato, chocolate mousse (contribution namin ni hubby), sugpo and blueberry cheesecake. Hay kabusog! After eating, my dad called my eldest sister who's currently based in Qatar with her husband. Hearing my sister's voice, I know she's malungkot and missing us all lalo na't on occasion like this. It's our first Christmas without her as she just flew in there nung April lang. But I know naman na she's happy pa rin naman kasi it's her first Christmas with her husband. Clock ticked to 12..and christmas na! I greeted and kissed everyone. Hours later, we dozed off na. How I wish, pasko lagi. Sarap kasi pag sama-sama ang family. As simple as it was, I could say na for just being together in prayer and meal, I felt the Christmas spirit in its truest sense.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can relate to what your feeling Mai..ako din when my molars were extracted ang sakit..hope you feel better soon and I had fun reading your pasko kwento its nice to have our family during this time, it makes the occasion more meaningful. Merry Christmas again and happy new year..hopefully by new year magaling na ang ngipin mo

Anonymous said...

oh my I'm so late greeting my blog sisters for the holidays, wala kasi akong access sa inet, ngayong lang nanghiram ako ng laptop sa Dad ko to greet you MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR! May all your dreams come true this coming 2007.