Friday, October 12, 2007

18 Weeks.

Has it been “ages” since I last made my presence felt in this nook?

I know I’ve been such a bad blogger these past weeks or should I say in the recent months. But c’mon, I know you’ll gonna buy my excuse:

I am one lazy preggo blogger.

Period. Hehe.

I dunno what’s in me but probably that’s one of the wonders that pregnancy brought to me. Totally turning your life around in 360 degrees or even more. Liking what you used to dislike and disliking what used to be your favorite. Doing things that you didn’t dare you can do and not doing what seems to be a part of your routinary old self.

* Haven’t blog.
* Haven’t digiscrapped.
* Paid blogging halted.
* KFC products now make me feel queasy.
* From being a sleepyhead, I am now an early-riser at 8 am.
* I am more psyched to work despite the hefty workload.
* I hate fast foods and I do now patronize the food in our pantry.
* I crave for foods I used to dislike: pansit, mongo, tuyo.
* I loathe foods I used to devour on: burgers, fried chicken, siomai.

Well, that’s how I’ve been for four months already. Time flies indeed so fast. I didn’t notice that I’m almost half way into this journey. Daming nangyari and yet, I know, a lot is stored for us in the weeks and days to come.

For those of you asking, I’m sailing through my pregnancy just fine (no more morning sickness and other grueling first trim woes..hurray!). Going into 19 weeks, my appetite is back and I’ve regained the weight I lost due to the vomiting sessions I had. “Little one” is likewise, doing well. Although, he/she made us a little worried at 3 months when the Doppler couldn’t detect his/her heartbeat..turned out, I had a wrapped-around, low-lying placenta as captured in the ultrasound. Although not a major concern at this early stage (since this will hopefully go up as the uterus expands), I was given duphaston and duvadilan to take for several days and Paul and I were mandated to go on a bed “diet” until the 6th month. Poor hubs! Pero according to him oks lang…anything for our little one.

I’ve also started to feel little flexes and bubbly movements inside, although not that evident yet but I’m certainly enjoying those light pokes, “gassing” and “wavy” moves every now and then. My belly has started to show na rin kaya I’m wearing na maternity blouses, preggo slacks, jeans and capris. Most of the time, movement is controlled because of the punishing back aches and pain in the groin area that I’m experiencing. I can somehow sleep comfortably pa naman pero I’ve learned to sleep lying on my left side na (to improve blood flow daw especially as the tummy gets bigger).

Here’s what babycenter says about our “little one” on its 18th week.

Head to bottom, your baby is approximately 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a large sweet potato) and she weighs almost 7 ounces. She's busy flexing her arms and legs — movements that you'll likely start noticing more and more. Her blood vessels are visible through her thin skin and her ears are now in position and stand out from her head. Myelin (a protective covering) is beginning to form around her nerves, a process that will continue for a year after she's born. If you're having a girl, her uterus and Fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If your baby is a boy, his genitals are noticeable, though he may hide them from you during an ultrasound.

1 comment:

Nyree said...

Hi Mai! Glad you are enjoying every bit of your pregnancy! Dibale konti nlng to see your little one. Am excited for you, saktong sakto sa pagbili mo nung S3IS kasi when little one comes out, picture galore na lol!
Sana ako na next! hahaha! Pahinging baby dust! :) Stay well! Mwah!