Wednesday, October 31, 2007

House Arrest!

I’m running out of sites to browse, my fingers are already exhausted from channel flicking, and I’m tired of glancing on the clock and watch its hands tick so slowly. I’m so booored! This is what you get when you over-exhaust yourself from strolling around Enchanted Kingdom…house arrest for one week! I had some little spotting a night after that gimik and so here I am confined in my in-laws’ house and overly bored. I had my prenatal check up yesterday and OB assured me there’s nothing to worry about (cervix is intact..thank goodness!). I was prescribed a uterine relaxant (isoxilan) and was instructed to rest for a week. With the holidays ahead, at least I’ll just be on leave for 2 days.

According to Babycenter, here’s how baby is growing:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. His eyebrows and eyelids are fully developed. And you can certainly feel him move. He's oblivious to your schedule, though, so don't be surprised if he starts working out just when you're settling down for the night. If you're having a girl, her vagina is formed now, though it will continue to develop until birth.

I’m on my 21st week already…excluding the scary spotting episode I had..everything is just fine. I now weigh 110 lbs (the heaviest I’ve been in my entire existence!). An increase of 4 lbs from last month is just enough. According to the pregnancy book I’m reading, I should be attaining an average of 1 pound increase a week. With the appetite I have right now, I wonder how heavier pa I’ll get in the months to come.

Little One is getting super active and malikot na. I usually feel the movements early in the morning (upon waking up), lunch time, merienda time, and after dinner time. Hmm o di ba tuwing meal times. Probably, giving me cues that he/she’s is also hungry or full. He’s most malikot at night time while hubby and I are watching TV. Since we’re idling and just lying down, this is the time when we talk to him/her and guessing which part of my belly he/she’ll next poke at. Hay kaaliw talaga…the simple joys of pregnancy.

To hubby’s dismay, my OB didn’t advise to have my ultrasound yet. We’ll just have it on my next visit daw since I’m scheduled to have my placental positioning checked by next month as well as the congenital screening (CAS) so para one-time na lang daw. Hubby was a bit disappointed kasi he’s anxious and excited to know na if “little one” is a “he” or “she”. So time to place your bets?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything are alright,sis! Take care always:)

Unknown said...

Naku buti ka nga 1 week lang house arrest... ako the whole 1st trimester house arrest talaga because of the slight hemorrhage na nakita sa ultrasound ko. Kalurky no? Wala ka naman magawa kundi sumunod.