Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Equally Offensive.

If you think being slim and slender is always fun, you're wrong. While it's true that I can eat whatever I want without any worries of getting fat and that I can fit into smaller clothes, and I don't need to undergo extreme exercises on the threadmill or on the ellipticals...there are things that I hate about my skinny self. One, I don't get to wear almost all of my clothes because I look like a hanger in them. Two, I have a very active toddler who grows so fast so just imagine how I pant and get tired easily when I carry him and he's up with a prolonged clinging session. Three, hearing remarks such as "try to gain some body mass, mai" is the same and is equivalent to the subtle way of saying "you're so fat, try to lose some weight". So to my friends, stop commenting that I'm so skinny because I already know. In fact, I'm trying very hard to address this (you should see my appetite) but what can I do..body metabolism can't be altered.

No comments: