Wednesday, September 30, 2009

No Matter...

...how hard I try to divert my thoughts, I can't help but write just about this tremendous catastrophe. Watching the news since Saturday has been heartbreaking and perhaps that's one of the reasons why I can't think of any other things to blog but this. I am deeply disturbed and saddened especially seeing the kids suffering, traumatized and now even getting sick in the evacuation centers. They have put up remote medical centers near the greatly affected areas and it's sad to see that they don't have much medical equipment with them. Instead of a medical bunk or hospital beds or an exam table, sadly, they just lay down a collapsed person in a table. What's overwhelming though is that several medical personnel have volunteered for this cause.

No comments: