Saturday, January 19, 2008

Our Mumi.

An uncle whom we haven’t seen in a while paid us a visit two weeks ago. He’s actually based in the province together with my Grandma who I equally miss. She’s not that weak yet but we limit her travels especially the long ones since she’s too old to stand long drives (Manila is 9 hours drive away from Isabela). She used to do that, though, alone when she’s a bit younger. Anyway, I am reminded of our sweet, old “Mumi” as our Uncle brought us some fruit preserves and meat products skillfully made by her. There are several bottles of preserved pineapple, mango and a certain fruit which we call “littuko” in our dialect. She also sent us marinated and ready-to-cook beef tapa, longganisa and embutido. Yup, my Lola is so much into homemaking. She’s actually a Home Economics teacher way back her younger years…thus she’s into cooking, food preserving, crafts, and gardening. I remember when we were still kids and we used to have our vacation in the province, my siblings and I would join her in the garden (armed with gardening tools and disposable gloves) every morning. We help her tend and water the plants. In the kitchen, we’d also help her prepare and cook our meals. I miss my Lola so much..hope I get to see her soon. To our dearest Mumi, Happy 82nd Birthday on the 21st!

Our Mumi and Uncle on my Dec '05 wedding.

1 comment:

tin-tin said...

home economics teacher? wow! masarap magluto yun. tapos malamang ang daming crafts sa house nyo. hehe. musta baby nyo? :)