Saturday, March 01, 2008

Fashion Studies Dream.

As I was finishing a digiscrap layout last night, a YM message window suddenly popped from a dear US-based friend. She informed me that she’s flying to New York next month. I right away knew what would be her purpose there. She’s been contemplating recently whether to pursue her long-time career plan of studying fashion. I’m glad she has finally decided to enroll in a fashion school in new york.

Well, for one, New York is certainly the best choice. She considered LA, Chicago, Miami centers but I’d say that fashion schools new york are the best options to take. New York is the most happening fashion destination in the world. As they even put it, fashion in New York isn’t just an industry but it’s a way of life. No wonder, they have the biggest names in the fashion world: Marc Jacobs (who graduated from Parsons School of Design in New York), Donna Karan (also a Parsons School alumnae), Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Perry Ellis.

Right now, my friend hasn’t decided yet which school will she enroll in as there are certainly a lot of choices to choose from. I told her to check out this site where the best new york fashion schools are featured. I wish her all the best and hope she’ll do good so that someday, she’ll have her own name lined up with the biggest names in the fashion world.

No comments: