Friday, August 04, 2006

CSE..passed!

As blogged the previous months and weeks, I took my Civil Service Examination yesterday via the Computer-Assisted System and boy, I'm still in cloud nine rejoicing..I passed the test..thank God!

With "lots" of butterflies in my sickening stomach, my hopes of passing went down the drain after the gruelling exam. I was quiet uneasy kasi di na ako sanay na nagte-test..it's been years na rin kasi since I graduated from college kaya I'm no longer used to pressure brought about by exams. I had lots of unsure answers and very wild guesses especially on the numerical reasoning (problem solving) and vocabulary. My efforts on reviewing the Philippine Constitution, Code of Conduct for Public Officials and Employees, Environmental Laws and Human Rights paid off. Marami akong sure answers dun. (So pardon na my absense in blogging ha? Hehe! Nagbunga naman eh.) Two hours of orientation plus the 3 hour exam that started late (10:am-1:00pm) definitely resulted to a growling hungry tummy. I tried eating my lunch but I just didn't have the appetite or even the energy to swallow some food out of tension and uneasiness. I just munched some sandwich and gulped my fave C2 drink. Sobrang kinakabahan ako and even psyched myself already that I'd fail the test.

We were told we could get the exam after an hour. But thanks to them, they tortured us more by making us to wait for 3 hours. Hay! But then...it's worth the wait naman. The examiner began distributing the results alphabetically. Results for those surnames starting with D were done and he was with Letter E already when I noticed my name was not called. So I waited longer until maubos na yung envelopes. The hall was near empty na of examinees and we were only 4 na lang na naiwan...all with questioning faces...asan ang envelopes namin? The examiner flashed a big smile. Yan pala, hinuli ang mga nakapasa. Surprisingly, out of 40+ examinees, there were only 6 who passed. I was delighted even more when I was informed I had the second to the highest score in the batch. Coolness talaga! Passing score, by the way, is 80%.

So there...with this, I'm now eligible to work for the government..and as I joked my dad, I'm now eligible to corrupt? :lolz:

Happy weekend everyone! :D

9 comments:

Jigs said...

WOW! Let me be the first among your blogger friends to say CONGRATULATIONS MAI!!! Finally that big weight on your mind has been lifted! I'm really happy for you!

Unknown said...

congrats Mai! naku si mom nga palagi niya ako pinipilit mag-exam dahil nga para makapasok ako sa gov't. security of tenure ba ... oh well ... congrats again.

pondong said...

Congrats sa baby ko! Wooohoooo!!!! Sabi ko na nga ba at sisiw lang sayo yan eh. hehehhe!!!! Galing ko magturo ng math noh? hehehee!!!! Love U! Mmwah!

j said...

Congratulations Mai :)

have a great week ahead!

QT said...

hi sis! congratulations! galing galing naman! aba, at number 2 pa! oo nga, you have the right to be corrupt na. hehehe. take care!

chuching said...

a BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you!! kakatuwa at you passed with flying colors! napa-isip tuloy ako. if i were to take a test, any academic test, bagsak siguro ako! mahina na ako sa math e!

glad your back to blogging though :)

lheeanne said...

Heheh! tlaga lang! haha natawa ako dun sa corrupt... hehe! at tlgang kelangan mopang pumasa hehe! nways congratulations sa iyo... oks na oks yan.. welcome back din...

tin-tin said...

CONGRATS!!!! finally nakapag-take ka na din. haay.. sana ako din makapag-take na. hehe

Anonymous said...

oi sis CONGRATS kahit late na ako pero it's better late than never db. wow galing mo naman. ano bang papasukin mong work? hehe corrupt daw! sana ako din makapasa if ever magtake ako.