Thursday, August 31, 2006

Wisdom Teeth.

* I never learned my lesson to habitually save my document. I was about to hit the publish post button of this entry...then in a blink of an eye, I was staring next to a black screen and darkness hovered..brownout!! Just great, isn't it? Now I have to re-collect my thoughts and start all over again...grrrrrrrrr! *

Miraculously, something kept me away today from the computer..thanks to these Wisdom Teeth (yes, "teeth" as in all four of them) making their LATE grand entrance and punishing my quiet and mumming gums. * They'd been lambasted and suffered numerous orthodontic adjustments when I had my braces years back * I was quite surprised to know that our third molars a.k.a. wisdom teeth, grow in at around ages 17-21...ages considered when people become "wiser" thus, with the name "wisdom tooth". Now with the late springing up of mine, does it mean I'm maturing late and it's only now that I'm becoming "wiser"? LOL.

Now what's keeping me in pain..enough to drive me away from digiscrapping? My 2 upper third molars have developed earlier than the ones below and are growing in normally, I believe. Since their growth are almost complete now (meaning in its proper position and size), it crushes into the corresponding gums below. The 2 wisdom teeth below are almost still beneath the gums. Since the upper don't have complete partners yet..there goes the swelling of the gum below and pain on the left, even more painful when I chew food. I'm now even quite accustomed chewing on my right (I'm a lefty chewer, by the way) but still having a hard time eating with a pace that of a turtle and failing to savor the yumminess of the food. Too bad, I can't pig out despite having a voracious appetite. :(

What worries frightens me now is that I seem to have the symptoms of impacted wisdom teeth. And if they indeed are, their removal through surgical means (OUCH!!!!) is highly recommended to prevent: bacteria and plaque build-up, decay of adjacent teeth, jaw and gum disease, infection, cysts development and even tumor development. Just thinking of the terms cyst and tumor make me shiver. In the same way that the thought of undergoing the surgical knife (dental knife, that is) terrifies me. And assuming that I might be on my way to conception, I can't just go on on any medications that easily.

Well, I guess, I have to continue with my Bactidol and saltwater gargling remedy for a while and schedule a dentist visit soon. I just cross my fingers (and toes) they'll get better and healed soon without undergoing that frightening (and of course, cost-entailing) surgery. For now I just need to be a brave warrior battling the piercing pain....hu hu hu! Has anyone seen the tooth fairy?

On a lighter note...oh yeah, another digiscrapping thing in here...hehe! pardon me for my madness, I'm really so much hooked into it. Besides, these pratically made my gum pains vanished for a while..so to my non-digiscrapping blogger friends out there, bear with this, okay? I just want to share that DSP has already sent me 2 prizes (of 3) for my NKOTB winnings.

1.) The first one (for my Round 1 win) is a $ 3.99 coupon that I immediately availed yesterday and shopped this. After which, I made this and entered into a another contest:

Road Trip

Journalling: While most of our three-hour ride to Laiya, San Juan, Batangas consisted of chit-chats, games and pigging out with chips, the long trip lulled us to sleep.
Side Kwento: These are hubby's Accenture officemates: Anna, ate Czar, Roj, Almer and Glenn together with Anna's bf and a co-Career's "ampon", Melvin. Taken on our way to Virgin Beach Resort where they held their teambuilding last May 2006. It's always fun tagging along with them on their teambuildings...hehe!
Credits: Road Trip Page Kit by Lisa Carter and Stacey Jewel Stahl
Fonts: Penmanship Print, Yikes, Yelly, Hanshand

2.) The second prize I received was for my 9th place finish in the Overall Top 10. I received a $17.97 worth of coupon for a 3-month subscription to DSP's Club Digital. Now I'm really excited with this one because I'll get to receive monthly wonderful selection of digiscrapping products such as 2 complete Page Kits , one Plopper and an Alpha, some great Word Arts, one Programme specific item such as Paint shop Pro Tubes, Photoshop Brushes or some digiscrapping pleasure goodie. Isn't that great? It'll be a blast definitely. Now, I'm just awaiting the third prize which is for my 3rd Round win. Oh yeah, another $3.99 coupon coming my way.

/me wiggles in excitement

after too much jerking.....

/me clenches teeth then starts grimacing in pain....OOOUUUUUUCCCHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

11 comments:

Jigs said...

Bakit ngayon lang tumubo wisdom teeth mo? I havent experienced the pain you described so far, ibig bang sabihin hindi pa tumutubo wisdom teeth ko?

Anyway, youre really good at the digiscrapping thing. baka in the near future you can make a living out of it. :)

lheeanne said...

Naku tulog ka nman TE pag tinanggal ang wisdom mo.. este wisdom teeth pala.. surgery nga lang tlga ang kelangan... hindi sya simpleng ipin lang na pwedeng itali ng sinulid at ibigkis sa may doorknob upang matanggal.. heheh! my 2 lower wisdom tooth grow in the wrong way kaya super sakit kaya pinatanggal ko nalang masakit kc.. konting tiis lang nman at least for life ng walang sasakit na ipen...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mai. Nice yung ultrasound recording no,to follow na lang yung 3d scan...hehe. Naku I can't remember how many times I've watched it. Excited na nga ako :)

Mai said...

jigs: wisdom tooth is the third molar growing in sa far end of the gums. If you still have two for each ends, then di pa nga tumutubo wisdom teeth mo..ako din taka din ako baket late tumubo yung akin.

TK: takot ako sa surgery eh...i had once na kasi when my ganglion cyst has to be excised sa kamay..waaahh! sobrang hirap..though iba naman sa ngipin pero i know for a fact na pahirapan din ang recovery process niya pag naextract na wisdom tooth.

Jacq: super enjoy ako sa recording ng ultrasound mo...i'll wait for the 3d naman. :)

tin-tin said...

ako hindi pa din ata tinutubuan ng wisdom tooth? shucks! ano ba yan? pag tinubuan pa ako, genius na ako. hahaha :)

QT said...

hi mai. takutin kita.... i had all my wisdom teeth extracted last year - in an operating room, under GENERAL anesthesia by an ENT doctor (ust) which lasted fr 7:30 till 11:30am. haha! don't worry, malala naman ung sa akin. as in they had to chisel them out sa sobrang impacted! but no pain, no gain!

take care!

Anonymous said...

WAhihihi,... ako din tinutubuan ngayun... grabe andami tinutubuan? bakit kaya??? Pati si Bikoy.net tinutubuan... anyhoo magpakaadik ka na sa mefenamic acid... aihihihi

Anonymous said...

hi mai,

i love reading your blogs from time to time coz of your digiscraps... hehehehe! wish i could have the time and the talent to do that! anyway, can i link you up to my site?

wish you feel better na... :)

Mai said...

Tin: di ka pa din tinutubuan? hala ka...joke! takutin ba? lapit na yan...hintay mo lang.

Che: waaah! promise! natakot ako sa sinabi mo. ahhh...ok na pala ako..as la na ako nararamdaman since i read your comment...lolz!

Gener: ayan sama-sama at sabay-sabay tayong maging "wiser" hehehe! ANyway, mataas naman toleration ko with pain....kaw ba naman buwan-buwan kang nagdy-dysmenorrhea kaya no need pa naman ng mefenamic acid.

Lany: thanks for dropping by my blog. try mong magdigiscrap...saya promise! sure..link away.. :)

jenn said...

hi! just dropping by, hope your wisdom teeth pains go away soon! haay... and i wish i had the luxury of time myself to get back to digiscrapping myself... :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mai, naku I can relate to those 'wisdom teeth'. It made me suffer for years, especially the that was growing towards the tooth the was beside it. Then finally I have them removed, all 4 at the same time, under general anesthesia (thank goodness my insurance only covers gen. anes.). But, dahil nga siguro magaling yong orthodontist ko I didn't feel a thing. Yon ngal nag super graggy ako for more than 24 hr. Kasi sabi ni Mike they have to inject another round of anesthetic kasi I was waking up na daw...hehe!. It was 3 hr plus recovery time pa. But like CheChe said 'no pain no gain', and it really relieved me. I wished I had done it years ago, save me all those time of pain. :)