Wednesday, August 16, 2006

RAK.

This week's the 3rd and last round for DSP's New Kids on The Block 5 Contest and I'm really having a blast. Aside from the excitement I feel making it on the first round (still patiently waiting for my prize which is a new kit), I'm surprised on how I am improving each week. Got tons of helpful comments, suggestions, new techniques..I just love hearing other peeps' comments my LOs are getting better and better each week...and I'm yearning to learn much more!

I know, i've been raving about this digiscrap thing in my blog..well, honestly, it has been taking up so much of my time these days and there's not much I can share about me lately except this one...(so bear with it, ok? lolz)

The results for Round 2 won't be announced until Thursday night (US EST time) so that's Friday morning here in the Philippines. Oh yeah, I'm now even into calculating and converting US and Phil time zones every now and then to anticipate and join the scheduled chats where they give out freebies.

Here's my first version for Round 3 using the Ceylonese Sapphire Page Kit by Lauren Bavin and Sweethearts Brush Set by Suzanne Walker (DSP Designers). We are instructed to use Lauren's kit, another kit and the layout has to be about one's self. I don't have recent decent photos worth digiscrapping of so for the nth time, I resorted to doing my bridal pic.

NKOTB5-RND3Ver1a-Dream Come True

Journalling reads:
A moment of calm soothes my heart as I hear the harmony in the music that signals my entrance. I feel as though I am embarking on a journey that I have envisioned all my life.
Today, on our wedding day, I see you standing waiting for me by the altar, about to grasp my hand as we begin to speak utterances of our love and commitment.
As I walk down the aisle, I look forward to raising our family and buildingour relationship under the care and guidance of God.
As I walk down the aisle, I look forward to sharing with you more of life's ups and downs.
As I walk down the aisle, I look forward to spending the rest of my lifewith you, my best friend, my soul mate..my love. From this day forward our lives will be intertwined forever.
As I walk down the aisle, I suddenly realize the dream I envisioned long ago is now magically unfolding...

Again your CCs (constructive criticisms) are welcome and feel free to comment. I got a suggestion from the forum to do something with the silver border of my pic..I'm still thinking how to go about it.

Here's another technique I just learned using Photoshop...

photo tinting
Photo Tinting! I just love how the yellow hue soothes the eyes!

I got quite engrossed with this technique that I even "borrowed" bridal shots of my CWL online kada (fellow former brides-'05-'06): Wella, Mec and Yna to practice with.

***********************
Now, what's with the title?

Though I didn't win in fellow wawie & digiscrapper Aggie's RAK (Random Act of Kindness) raffle, I'm inspired of her mala-Pay It Forward thoughts that I decided to go with the rippling effect. Since I'm into digiscrapping lately, my simple RAK would be I'll digiscrap blogger friends' pics. It may sound easy for a sacrifice but it's not. Sometimes it takes hours working on a layout before satisfaction sets in with your final product. And of course, what's sweeter about it is somebody's thinking of you.. Yes promise, I'll be thinking and offering a prayer for you while I'd be doing it. hehe! O di ba ok yun? Please post a comment if you'd like your pic* to be digiscrapped BUT remember I'll be waiting for your own RAK, too. It's mandatory that you have to blog about it and make sure your RAK will continue to set a ripple effect. It doesn't matter how big or small a favor you'll do. Basta importante, it's something that you'd do sincerely and with all your heart. A little act of kindness, pag marami ang gumawa, brings a big impact and makes the world a better place to live in (hmmm..parang kanta ah). It's also one way of repaying God for all the blessings He's been showering on us. So come on, join me here, ok?

* Note: Any hi-resolution picture will do..your pic, your bf's& and gf's pics, your family's, a friend's pic, a scenery..kahit sino at ano basta siyempre wag lang vulgar and obscene. You may print it and give it as a gift or pwedeng i-post niyo ito as a friendster testimonial like what I do...please wag niyo lang po ibenta as the freebie kits I'll be using are covered with TOUs (Terms of Use). Please post a comment and leave your email addresses and I will send you further details (pic requirements).

6 comments:

tin-tin said...

ako ate mai, gawan mo. for the pay it forward thing, ano gusto mo gawin ko? hehe.

yung message dun sa entry mo, ano yun? sinulat ng hubby mo? :)

Mai said...

tin: what email addy mo...send ko yung pics specifications. it's up to you kung anong RAK ang gagawin mo. :)

the message? nope..ako nag-isip nun. hehe! those were exactly my thoughts while walking down the aisle..naks!

Jigs said...

Nakow, gusto ko sanang magsend ng pic kaya lang wala akong good pic! I liked your third entry for the contest. I really liked the sillouette of the bride behind the nice message. :)

& said...

the girl below your post is cute - she made me smile! hell yeah, too young to get married. :) nice nice nice digiscrap.

wow. you're really getting addicted to digiscrapping huh? nice works. all from bridal photos?

nice. http://utakgago.blogspot.com

update your blog frequently! tsk. i miss your posts.. :D

QT said...

hi mai. teach me naman how to photo tint. hihi. musta na? hope u win the competition. take care!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mai,
Nice layout and the photo tinting is beautiful.