Saturday, August 26, 2006

Surprises.

Lucky me..I got 3 great surprises this weekend. Oh well, I'm indeed a sucker for surprises and I just love being astonished once in a while especially when life seems to be monotonous and boring.

Surprise #1:
Kristen, the moderator of DSP's New Kids 5, announced Round 3's Top 10 yesterday and surprisingly, for the second time I made it to the list...Hurray! This will earn me my second prize which is a freebie kit. I haven't received the prize yet for my first week win but the organizers informed us they will be sending it in the next few days since the NKOTB5 has just wrapped up. Though my entry Dream Come True was one of my favorites so far and felt pretty confident with it, I didn't expect it'd be one of the Top 10 among 79 amazing entries. Take a peek in the gallery just to have an idea how the judges could've knacked their heads in choosing the best among the best layouts out there.

Surprise #2:
As the 3-week-contest New Kids 5 has been wrapped up, they held a chat this morning (US night time) to announce the Overall Top 10 after rounding up and averaging the scores from each of the 3 rounds. What a morning gift...I place 9th overall! With this I'll be expecting another prize coming my way. I can't believe I'll be earning 3 prizes from the very first digiscrapping contest I joined. But more notable is that I'm quite amazed on how my skills improved through their CCs and suggestions. It's just sad New Kids has ended..no more weekly pressure..no more tireless revisions..no more challenges...but these got to be paused momentarily only as Kristen announced they'll be organizing in the coming months another contest for the "not so New Kids". It's something between New Kids and the Digital Elite Team (DET Booth Camp)...that's got to be something to look forward to.

Surprise #3:
Finally, after a month of waiting and persistent follow-ups from the cargo company, the package my dad has sent us from Saudi arrived this morning. I excitedly opened it up and savored the waft of balikbayan box..I just love how the scent of the items lingered my nostrils. Well, it must have been the bath soaps, toothpastes, detergents, fabric softeners that mostly filled the box. Other stuffs include clothes, toothpastes, coffee, bed linens, some canned goods, tissues and even a carpet! Enough to scratch those things from the weekly grocery list for several months. Also, I got a navy blue Mango XS shirt while hubby got a Quarter Deck White t-shirt. So to my dad and my stepmom who are avid readers of my blog...thanks so much for the package you sent. Mmwah!

6 comments:

Jigs said...

Ang saya naman ng weekend mo! Punong puno ng good news! Haaay! kay saya naman! Sana tuloy tuloy na yan! :)

Anonymous said...

Weeee!

Ang sarap nga ng amoy ng balikbayan box. Asar lang, kasi matagal ng hindi nagpapadala ng ganyan ang ate ko. Haha!

andrea said...

hi mai!
congrats on ur wins!
galing galing naman... :)

Unknown said...

congrats! ang galing naman pala ng pinagkakaabalahan mo...

iba talaga ang feeling pag nakaka receive ng surprise gift...hehe..

tin-tin said...

wow! galing mo tlga. mai, sorry. had been so busy. have not done your RAK challenge yet. so sorry.. don't know what to do din kse.

Anonymous said...

wow congrats ate ang galing galing mo naman astig ha ang dami mo ng prizes. hay sana matuto din ako nyan hehe. daming swerte ang dumadating syo ha. keep it up. Godbless