Wednesday, July 19, 2006

The Story of Us..

Happy 6th year Anniversary, bi!
*********************************

So here we go again, mushy-mushy mode na naman tayo. As mentioned on my prior post, today's our 6th year anniversary...yeah kahit na we're married na, we do still celebrate our bf-gf anniv. In fact, minsan mas naaalala naming magbatian tuwing 19th kesa sa 17th (wedding anniv). We could've gotten married on a 19th last December but we preferred to wed kasi on a Saturday which yun nga 17 nun.

Anyway, as promised, nagbungkal ako ng aking archives and here's one entry I made regarding our love story prior our wedding haha!
*******************************

Posted on July 10, 2005: The Story of Us

I was browsing my uploaded flickr pics when I chanced upon these pictures...

1st year
This was taken during our freshman year at UST High School. (Just click on the pic to see a clearer and larger view) Paul's on the last row, fourth from the left. While I'm on the 2nd row, fourth from the right. Paul, as admitted, had a crush on me then..haha! sorry baby, magblog ka rin para makabawi ka. Young as we were then, M.U. kuno but it was a shortlived one as I had another crush who was also a classmate. (Until now, Paul would always tease me na ipinagpalit ko daw siya).

Second year HS, Paul and I were the only ones who were transferred to St. Bartholomew (first section..naks!). We were not on talking..nor looking terms. Hehe! Kunwari galit me sa kanya. I even handed him back the '95 Valentines Card he gave me. He was linked to PLENTY girl classmates of ours then..and I had different crushes too hehe!

Third Year: On speaking terms na pero konti lang. I was surprised to know na he was courting my seatmate, Leia. She was also our classmate and my seatmate nung 1st year and naging classmate ulit nung 3rd yr.

4th year
Fourth Year: They were still an item. This time we were already on speaking terms, usually on lunch breaks, since leia was still my seatmate and paul would make "tambay" sa pwesto namin. I even shared kwentos to Paul regarding my crush who's from another section then and another one na classmate namin. Paul is on the last row, fourth from left. I'm on the 2nd row, 3rd from left.

Graduation came..I took up Commerce while he took up ECE (still at UST). I didn't know exactly when.. basta nagulat na lang ako they broke up.

Semestral break first year college, I got a call from Paul. He asked me to accompany him to watch a movie..i dunno if it was a date..hehe! Bored as I was, I agreed. We watched The Truman Show and ate at Wendy's. I was kind of aloof with him at that time..di ko lang alam kung bakit. I told my college kabarkada, Paula about this. Nagulat na lang ako nung tinawagan niya si Paul (Paula was a high school batchmate so kilala niya rin si Paul). Ewan ko ba kung anong pumasok sa isip ni Paula at ginawa niya yun. She sort of bombarded Paul with questions like nanliligaw ba siya and what did that date mean. After that, I never heard of Paul again. Di na siya tumawag ulit...

Two years later, I got a text message from Paul..turned out he got my number from his kabarkada, Genil. First sem (3rd yr college) had just started when we bumped into each other at the walkway near HS bldg. He grew taller and bigger..while ako daw according to him..nagdalaga na (it could've been the white college uniform and the little makeup I wore). We exchanged text messages and calls. This time no apprehensions na as in parang long lost friends ang turingan..we became close. He was courting a high school classmate na kapareho ko ng course..no wonder I would see him in front of the Commerce Building on dismissal time. The exchange ofSMS continued..he called me up para magkwento ng development ng kanyang panliligaw. He sought advices from me nung nagkaproblem siya. She needed a girl's point of view daw. Pag di sila sabay maglunch, he would ask me na hintayin siya (my class finishes one hour ahead kasi than his) and we would eat at Almer's (unlimited gravy). Ok lang sakin kasi mabait ako hehehe! Pag may problems ako that time, I would also turn to him for advices.We were the best of friends then. It broke my heart when he told me he has to stop courting her, kasi yun daw ang wish nung girl. He did. I felt sorry for him kasi talaga namang nasad siya. I gave him all the comfort he needed.

Because of that..we became much closer pa..we would go out on wednesdays and fridays. Tambayan namin Robinson's Place..we would eat at Deli Sheli and watched movies. Every week yun. We enjoyed each other's company..the next thing we knew..we were mutually infatuated na pala.

July 19, 2000 was the day when he finally expressed his feelings..I was to get off his car nung sinabi niya yun. Unhesistantly, i answered likewise. That was five years ago...and now, five months from now, I will walk down the aisle smiling knowing that Paul will be by the altar to meet me. As my blogger header says.."He never thought it would be her..she never thought it would be him. But the Lord thought otherwise, an answered prayer he is to her..his greatest blessing she will always be.." Paul indeed was an answered prayer to me, he has been my fortress, my strength, my bestfriend, my clown, my listener, my driver (hehe), my constant companion, my baby..simply my man whom I'd want to share my life with forever.

can't wait for that day..
Bi..love u! Advance happy anniversary!

ok..tapos na pagka-mushy-mushy ko..pagbigyan minsan-minsan lang ito hehe.ciao!
all smiles

here's a pic of our high school class during our dec '04 reunion. Six of them will be our "abays". :D
gerry libis 3

10 comments:

Jigs said...

First to comment again! Ang sweet naman ng love story nyo. I liked it. Its better than the ones in the movies! Dapat gawing movie story nyo! LOL!

Happy Anniversary pala sa iyo and your husband! Have fun in your vacation!

tin-tin said...

pansin ko lang ha.. bket ang mga nililigawan nya lagi yung malapit syo. seatmate mo, ka-course mo.. hmmm... hehehe.

happy anniversary! :)

♥ mommy author ♥ said...

helo...napadaan ang tamad na blogger! wow sis, tagala pala nyo ng magkakilala ni fafi ha! ayos din talaga ang buhay noh, di mo alam yung tao na yun makakasama mo for the rest of your life... sweet! ;) happy anniv sa inyo! ;)

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary sis :)

Kiro said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Ang ganda ng story ahehehe...
sorry di ako mashado nakablog hop lolz...
congratz nga pala ulit!

Anonymous said...

Awwww... ang cute niyo naman!

Advanced Happy Anniversary! LOL

alynn said...

cute naman love story... ;) happy anniversary!

sorbetera said...

aww... I love stories like this!! It makes me feel all warm inside..

I can't wait for my wedding day too...

chuching said...

i love your love story! mejo na-delay lang ng ilang years pero in the end, kayo parin talaga.

happy anniv! :)

Ina N said...

Ang cute naman ng kwento niyo! :)