Monday, July 03, 2006

Superheroes

Naahhh! This is not another Pacquiao's triumph blog entry...I got to spare you people. I'm sure a lot of you have read blogs and heard enough of it yesterday as most of you would've even probably glued their eyes on their 12-round bout. As soon as I learned that Pacquiao won over Larios with a unanimous decision before the last undercard match ended, the thrill and excitement subsided kaya ayun...I just waited until Bituin Escalante sang the national athem (which reminded me of Jennifer Bautista's vocal acrobatics when she sang the anthem on Pacquiao-Morales rematch early this year) and watched the ever-sikat Michael Buffer did his thing..."Let's get ready to rumble..". Yun lang...I didn't even see the first round of the fight.. I turned on the pc and just bloghopped away while my hubby slept the whole afternoon. Hehe! Don't get me wrong..of course, I'm one proud pinoy fan but i don't know, wasn't as thrilled as he fights the other boxers abroad. Isa pa, para kasing "no match" eh. hehe!

This is neither a Superman-struck entry as I haven't seen the flick yet. I'm just going with the flow as I've stumbled a dozen of raves and reviews from blog friends which makes me wanna go see it myself. Hmm..it just hit me, I'm having all the time these past few months and yet it seems ages since I last saw a movie on the big tube (umaasa kasi sa mga "de-be-de, de-be-de kayo diyan"). Ah hello? Are they still showing The Lakehouse, MI3, Tokyo Drift? Waaahhh! Poor me...nakalimutan ko na ata itsura ng sinehan. *nagpaparinig mode* "batu-bato sa langit, tamaan...sana tamaan nga..." nuninuninuni.

Speaking of superheroes, I almost did call on a super creature this morning when I got stuck with the ever-bulok registration/application process for my Civil Service Examination. Today's the first day of the registration for the Computer-Assisted Tests to be conducted starting August 1 and it took me the whole morning to finish my application. I arrived in CSC-Batasan at 7:30 AM and there were already about more than 50 applicants qeueing up. Masaya pa man din ako kasi akala ko ako na pinakamaaga...yan pala, ang dami ng naghihintay before me. It's not naman the number of applicants that pissed me off as expected and given naman yun..maraming hopefuls talaga and like to work for the goverment but it's the application system that sucked. Out of hundreds (or even a thousand perhaps) of applicants that stormed their office today, there were only about 3 of them verifying the applications and attending to queries and about 4 of them processing payments. I pity the encoders and attendants for undergoing such a tiring manual work but it's us, the applicants, who were more pathetic while waiting. A lot has gone irate and were already furious while I just sat quietly, waited for my name to be called and amused myself with my phone's Super Real Tennis. Oh yeah, I easily get impatient and was even cursing the process on my text to hubby but didn't join the wrathful group of applicants as I don't want to ruin my monday morning. Mahaba pa ang araw...kaya composed lang dapat..and ang wrinkles...hehe!

After 3 1/2 hours, I luckily finished my registration leaving still hundreds of applicants behind and headed home. My test schedule is on August 3 and I only got exactly one month left to prepare. I better hit those reviewers more often na talaga. With 80% as the passing score, wish ko lang sana talaga pumasa ako. :D

10 comments:

Lea L. Atacador said...

hay naku mai fun parin manood sa big screen.. with popcorn and lemonade pa (sarap!).. shempre date na din yun diba? :) ahem.. calling paul.. he he

Jigs said...

Ang galing mo ah! Di nagpadala sa emosyon ng mga co-applicants mo! Yan ang modern maria clara. Composed pero alam ang gusto nya and will not stop till she gets it. :)

I too havent been to the movies for a while. Ayokong manood magisa eh. Not that I cant, I just dont want to.

Goodluck sa exams mo on August! Hope you get it! :)

pondong said...

hehehehe!!!!! bi... tagal na nga natin nde nood sine... labas naman tayo.. nood tayo ng kahit ano. nde na nga natin lam kung ano rate sa sinehan eh. hehehehe!!! love u! mmwah!

dionne said...

ayos yan mai! yayain mo si pondong sa imax sa mall of asia. mura lang. hehe!

Mai said...

lea: oo nga hehehe..actually nagpaparinig talaga ako for a date here..heheh!

jigs: oh well, may times talaga na madali din akong mag-irate and believe me, i do confront kapag di ko gusto ang service...siyempre naman 4 yrs ba naman ako sa customer service industry. i know what is expected from a frontliner kaya madali akong mapikon pagdating sa ganyan..pero yesterday heheh ayaw ko kasng masira araw ko dahil maaga pa nun kaya cool lang ako.

aba at nagcomment na naman pala ang asawa ko hehe! akalain mong nagwork ang parinig ko sa blog ko. oh kelan tayo labas? yipeee! ikaw lang naman inaantay ko kaya magyaya..heheh! kasi ikaw ang taya eh :p

Mai said...

dionne: actually matagal ko na siya niyaya sa mall of asia..waah ako na lang yata di nakakapunta dun. :(

pondong said...

may kasama ka bi na d pa nakakapunta dun. hehehehe!!!!! ako un!

tin-tin said...

kaya katamad pumunta sa civil service. kasi feeling ko mahaba pila. hehehe. ang tamad! hahaha.

mai, nood tayo sine :) pero ingat-ingat ka. ikaw pala ang hinahanap ni... syet! sino na nga ba yung head ng sa anti-piracy? basta sya! ikaw pala hinahanap nun. hehehe

Mai said...

para sa baby ko: kaya nga eh, pareho pa tayong di nakakapunta kaya tara wag maging dayuhan sa sariling bayan...mag mall of asia naman tayo..wahaha!

tin: uy in fairness, di naman ako palagi bumibili ng "debede" ika ng mga nagbebenta sa ayala pag gabi. dahil nga i'd rather save din yung pambili kahit na kulang-kulang isangdaan din siya. Umaasa lang ako sa paghiram nun..hehe!

Rainier & Katrina said...

ey mai! ganda ng mall of asia. Sobrang laki. Wasn't able na ikutin lahat yun kase sa sobrang laki nakakatamad!

Ganda talaga ng superman! gwapo pa nya as in. Perfect! =p