Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Breastfeeding

We'll be attending a close friend's wedding by the end of the month. Then the week after, we'll witness another High School friend's wedding. Celebrations such as these will mean get togethers and I'm pretty sure that friends whom I haven't seen in a while will comment how I look skinnier as ever. For the nth time, I'll be asked if I'm taking appetite suppressants or those sorts. I can already picture their startled look when I answer back that I'm still breastfeeding my 20 month old son. It has always been like this...I don't know if they're surprised how breastfeeding can be a great slimming regimen or are they surprised why I breastfeed at such a long time. They perhaps don't believe that breastfeeding is really best for babies until two years and beyond.

No comments: