Friday, July 09, 2010

B.R.E.A.S.t.F.E.E.D.I.N.G.

I am a breastfeeding advocate as I tremendously believe in its holistic benefits.  Not only the babies enjoy the advantages but it also has wonderful effects to moms.  I’m sure you’ve heard several weight loss success stories  because of breastfeeding.  My post delivery physique is a great proof.  Just six months after giving birth, I’ve shed more than 25 pounds off my pregnancy weight.  Up to now that my son is 2 years old, I’m still breastfeeding him.  So albeit challenging, giving him my milk for 28 months now has never been and will never be a bad decision.  After all, breastmilk is still the “ultimate” best for babies up to 2 years and beyond, as the milk formula commercials say.

Here’s one interesting reminder how breastfeeding is the best choice for your babies:

Best for baby
Reduces incidence of allergies
Economical – no waste
Antibodies – greater immunity to infections
Stool inoffensive – never constipated
Temperature always correct and constant
Fresh milk – never goes sour in the breast
Emotionally bonding
Easy once established
Digested easily within two to three hours
Immediately available
Nutritionally balanced
Gastroenteritis greatly reduced

No comments: