Saturday, May 05, 2007

Wishing to Go Wireless.

I have always been an online freak ever since I discovered the internet a few years back. I researched about my projects and assignments over the internet, got fond of emails for connecting with friends, got hooked with online chatting, got dependent in finding our wedding suppliers online for our wedding and now, I’m so into blogging lately and scouring online for digiscrapping inspirations as well as nice goodies and kits to download to satisfy this latest whim.

Way back, I used to scrimp and depend on very frustratingly slow dial-up connections. I can still recall that I downloaded mp3s for hours and with sites take about a minute or more before it is fully downloaded. That is why I was so delighted when my Dad subscribed to a Broadband ISP. Finally, I can download a 5 MB song in less than 3 minutes and with web pages loading in just a blink of an eye. Actually, there are a lot of broadband providers out there offering ultra fast speeds of 2, 4, 8 and even 10Mbps - up to 180 times the speed of a 56Kbps dial-up modem. With these speeds, surfing the net has never been this fast and exciting. The latest big thing that was introduced is the wi-fi (wireless fidelity) technology. Wireless broadband has only been available in hotspots coffee shops, wi-fi cafes and offices before. But now it has also become available for home use at a reasonable price. With this, I am thinking of going wireless – to enjoy a portable, flexible, wire-free browsing experience.

No comments: