Sunday, July 01, 2007

Tiring Yet Fulfilling.

Work was hard last week and the coming weeks ahead are definitely harder. The whole Purchasing group (all 5 of us) stormed all our sites in the metro to conduct training in preparation for the new financial system which the company will be adapting soon. We finished the training for Makati sites the other week then just last week, we went to outMak sites namely Ortigas, Commonwealth and Alabang. It was indeed tiring since we had to conduct the trainings during operation hours. And operation hours for call centers spell night time. So for three consecutive days, I went home late…as in almost midnight already. Thank goodness we had a van rented for our transpo and hubby was kind enough to wait for me eventhough he was so sleepy already. It was pretty strenuous really since we also have our regular day work. I bet I’ll be reaping some whopping amount of OT earnings on the 15th huh?

At any rate, it still feels relieving especially that the end-users seem to have a positive approach and outlook on this new project plus I’m just glad that I finally got to visit all our other sites (after 9 months of being with the company). The remaining sites I haven’t gone to are just our 2 Cebu sites which I hope I’d get to set my foot on someday. Also, one good thing about this site hopping is that I got to see the faces behind the names and email addresses that I daily correspond with online. (Well, our group is always in demand and they regularly get in touch with us since we’re the ones who do their purchase requisitions across all Philippine sites).

Seems the preparation of our new financial system has been 90% ironed out and implementation will be on its initial stage this week. Tomorrow, I’ll be having a special training with our project SME since I’ll be handling a critical role under the new system. I’m scared, nervous, probably overwhelmed too, but definitely, I am challenged. I’m pretty sure that there are a lot of birth pains, but hopefully, we’ll get to surpass them all. After all, as our department’s slogan goes..we’re the best and the fastest. (Jokingly, they also say we’re the fattest…because of my plumpish colleagues Lolz!)

By the way, to wrap up our exhausting week, my newly-promoted best-bud-colleague treated us to a very sumptuous treat at Seaside Macapagal last Friday night. Yehey! Even if my stomach got a little bit crabby due to the Chocolait Milk I drank for breakfast, I allowed myself to overindulge with sweet & spicy crabs, baked tahong and buttered shrimps. Yummy! Now that’s my literal Fridays Feast.

No comments: