Saturday, December 15, 2007

On Being Skinny.

Since my childhood days, I have always been on the “skinny” side. I am not sure if it’s quite a blessing then but I had my own dose of scolding from my folks – to eat plenty, take naps in the afternoon, drink vitamins, etc because they say being thin when you’re a kid comes with an impression of being almost malnourished. I did try overhauling my scrawny-look but probably, that’s just how my metabolism (and genes) works. There was even a point when I could consume two cups of rice a meal – yeah, a construction worker appetite – but the heaviest I weighed during my late teen years was just up to 100 lbs (average weight played around 90-95 lbs). I never passed beyond that. Diet, slimming teas, medicines and trainings, diet patch – those were never part of my vocabulary.

With my pregnancy and with Baby A developing inside me, it’s a milestone actually for me to see the scales hand whip up beyond 115 lbs. As of my last checking, I’m on my 118 lbs mark already. I’ve indeed gained a lot but a lot has been commenting that I still look “sexy” (thanks!) and lean despite the bulging tummy: in short, no pregnancy fats. Prolly, this is the time when I have to thank my metabolism and genes, at least, I won’t be having a hard time or will not undergo at all the stage of trimming down weight after I give birth.

No comments: