Friday, March 05, 2010

No Back-To-Work Plans Still

Wow..I can't believe it's been two years since I became a Mom and gave up my career to just concentrate on taking care of my son. During my pregnancy, never did it cross my mind that I will be a full time hands on Mom, that I'll resign from work. But when he came, there was a 360 degrees turnaround of thoughts that, with full conviction, I rendered an irrevocable resignation. That's how motherhood changes one's life. It's so powerful that nothing and no one can ever stop a Mom to do whatever she wishes/plans for her baby. When I tendered my resignation, I said that I'll be back in the workforce after a year or so. But two years have passed and here I am, still spending glorious moments with my son 24x7. It's good that I have my online writing gigs enabling me to earn enough to augment the husband's income without having to leave our home. I don't have immediate plans still of going back to work as I'm not yet ready and conditioned. However, as my son is speedily growing up and as the economic life isn't getting any better, I need to think of ways to earn some more extra income. Investing in a business, a franchise perhaps, will be a good idea. Further, since I have basic knowledge about Photoshop as I do digital scrapbooking and a bit of artistic mind, I can probably do paid scrapping or do paid business card design. It isn't that hard really since most businesses go for the minimalist look and prefer just the simple and embellishment-less layouts. Then, I've also been hanging around Odesk these days and trying my luck for some work there. I need all the luck on these endeavors and I'm hopeful that these will all be fruitful.

No comments: