Thursday, March 29, 2007

Bad News. Good News.

It seems it was just yesterday when I got hired as a project employee for a 6 month-term here in C. It was my best bud, J, who contacted me & offered this position. I was informed then that there’s a big possibility that I’ll be absorbed once the approval from US for an additional headcount will be given. Since the pay is as much as what I got from Globe then and knowing that I’ll be working again with J & B (former colleagues from Contactpoint), I took my chance and accepted the offer.

I was disheartened when I learned that the approval is obscure and might not totally push through. With all the disappointing issues going on and as my contract term was nearing, I right away revised my resume, readied to find another path and prepared to move out.

Sad as it is, my contract is officially expiring tomorrow. I haven’t started packing up my things. I haven’t even turned over my pending transactions to J. The company I applied with hasn’t contacted me yet. Even though, I started doing some dollar opportunities here in my blog, I don’t think it would be enough to cover my personal expenses and moreso, my “luho”. I’m not sure if I can happily embrace back my bum days (though, I’m missing that at times).

Tomorrow is my last day already..that is, as a project employee. BECAUSE…effective April 2, I’m getting absorbed by the company! Yey! (Ain’t this promotion calls for a celebration!) I’ll be filling in the position left by a colleague who’s transferring to another group. I’ll still be with the Purchasing Group but the work is quite different and there are new tasks to be familiarized with. I’m quite nervous but I’m kinda excited as well..who wouldn’t be? Even our savings account will be happier with the whopping increase I’ll be receiving. Yey, I might be able to buy my dream semi-SLR cam (Powerhot S3IS or Fujifilm Finepix 6500) soon, or who knows, it could even be my ultimate wish, a Canon EOS 400D!

Okay..enough with the wishlist for the mean time..I need to concentrate on my new work first.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mai! Sorry about the Bad News but it's all good since there's also the good news:)

Btw, I read that you want the FujiFilm FinePix 6500. I have the FujiFilm Finepix 7000 and it's still very new though I got it last year but I have like 3 cameras so they aren't gamit talaga plus the Nikon D80 I got last January. I was just thinking if you want it? Kung gusto mo, pwede mo bilhin. hehe I'm thinking of selling it kasi madami na and gusto ko bili ako bagong lense for my D80. I have the box and all still.:) Let me know! We can make a good deal. :)

Now, I'm gonna crawl to bed..lol it's almost 3am here..ughh

Have a good day!

Unknown said...

Sis, mas nag-concentrate ako sa good news. God is really good di ba? :) Enjoy your day!

Ako still looking pa rin for a job ... hay o hay!

*eLLe* said...

wow congrats po!