Saturday, March 17, 2007

Yummy Birthday Week.

I feel like I celebrated my birthday all week long (with an overly stuffed & definitely satisfied stomach).

Sunday (March 11) - My celebration commenced with a merienda treat at my in-laws' house in QC.  We had pansit malabon, a yummy specialty of Pansit ng Taga-Malabon (near Crossings Department Store), and sweetened our tooth with my fave Red Ribbon Cake, Chocolate Mousse.

Monday (March 12) - For lunch, my boss treated the whole group with a sumptuous Gerry's Grill feast. My birthday also coincided with our monthly Department General Assembly that's why after the formal business talks and discussion, I was surprised to see on the projector the powerpoint greeting they made for me as they began singing and brought out the Theobroma Chocolate Cake which I'm pretty sure was bought in our pantry, lolz.

With all honesty, I'm thankful but was not that ecstatic.  There are some challenges with my job that I'm currently faced with and hurdling right now.  Hurt and confused.  Kaya siguro, that's how I felt that time in the office.

At any rate, I tried psyching and consoled myself. After all it was my birthday and had to shrug off all those crabby thoughts. We had Chowking lauriat for merienda..pansit, lumpia, siomai, chicharap, buchi & rice. Well, at one point, it's indeed nice that our general assembly coincided with my birthday so it appeared like our merienda feast was my birthday treat. Lolz.

Our general assembly ended up a little bit late that's why Paul and I had our dinner later than we've planned. Being the celebrant, of course, I got to pick what I wanted for the night. We had Oil & Garlic Special pasta plus 4 large slices of New England's Best Pizza from Aveneto. After which, I splurged on my current fave whenever we set foot at Glorietta...our must-destination..Timezone! I strut my stuff and beat Paul 4 of 6 linked basketball games, got engrossed with Pairs Strategy Game, action-packed Time Crisis and tried out Daytona Racing (I was such a bummer on the race track!).

We went home at about 9:30 pm and pigged out with a yummy Seafood Carbonara cooked by my sister and his boyfriend.

Tuesday (March 13) - My best buds and I stormed Glorietta again for lunch...this time, it was on me. What did we have? Ang walang kamatayang Oil & Garlic Special Pasta and a Platter Meal (spicy chiken wings, fries, onion rings and "crabsticks"- or
whatever they call it) from Aveneto. Isn't it obvious that I'm really into this pasta lately? Lolz.

Thursday (March 15)- We had another big lunch blowout in the office courtesy of a newly-promoted officemate...pansit malabon, barbecue, chicken lollipop, pichi-pichi, lumpia..everything from Ambers. Again, kunwari handa ko. Hehe.

Friday (March 16) - After work, my colleagues culminated my birthday week with a pampering treat. We had foot spa and pedicure at Sense and Spa in Burgundy Plaza, devoured crabs and shrimps at Seaside Market in Macapagal, sipped some Frozen
Margarita, bonded and made tambay until the wee hours of the morning at Pier One in The Fort.

Whew! What a birthday week! Can't wait on my next.. hehe!

No comments: