Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Asado and Adobo Rice

Logged in: Mai
Blogging in a lethargic mode...grrr..and I'm hating it.
And what a lousy way to start this day...

Must've been the "still-bitin" 7 hour sober sleep?
7 hours na bitin pa rin? remember, i'm a sleepyhead?

Must've been the scent of the pounded garlic I sauteed for my hubby's adobo rice breakfast?
(Nyek..anong koneksyon ng bawang? aba malay ko..)
In fairness, my adobo rice went well:
2 cups of rice
a dash of salt
garlic and onions
cooking oil
and leftover adobo

Must've been the feelin-high hangover for accomplishing a good Asado last night that almost drained my energy?
It's not something superb...pagbigyan, yes I AM a struggling cook in this rookie wife world I live in..kaya when I say good..it must be something palatable and taste bud-friendly enough. I almost burst in frustration last night as I simmered the chicken..it surely didn't look like asado at first as I only saw dark toyo and oil bubbling the chicken. Nanay's (paul's grandma) asado is reddish. I've been stashing 7 Pinoy cookbooks (yeah yeah so plenty..kelangan eh..struggling nga) and all detailed different recipes for Asado. And how did mine go? Ah ewan halo-halo na...chicken breast, toyo, water, pepper, brown sugar, garlic, lots of onions...added some vinegar...haha! asado ba yun? experiment eh..didn't have star anise as the recipe book requires (ano ba yun?) .. sounds like adobo di ba? Paul called my mom-in-law and sabi may kamatis daw dapat kasama ng garlic and onion...niyahaha! kaya pala reddish yung asado ni nanay...no tomatoes stored in the ref. niyerks!

The verdict? Masarap daw sabi ni Paul...oh well, yan ang asawa ko..husband's point of view of course..kahit na anong niluto ng asawa masarap. :D

at yan din ang baon niya for lunch ngayon :D masarap nga ba talaga or no choice?
*********************************
* idle blogging mode *
/me reads CWL yahoogroups mails (hmm, a friend's quite disappointed with their wedding album..well, sino ba daming mali eh)
/me checks my Google Adsense account (hmm...8 clicks = $0.48, not bad) thanks for those precious clicks..onti na lang makakabili na ako ng bahay at lupa! ..(haha! sa paso?)
/me bloghopped (w@wies', blog neighbors, and wandered even more...) hmm..almost all of the blogs I stumbled upon entailed first day of school entries...from 13-yr olds to college studes..wahhh! i suddenly miss schooling. I miss my 7am-11am college classes, my college barkada, BA assignments and feasibility projects, Commerce Bldg's siomai, Almer's, walang pasok pag may bagyo or baha, makati home-school-home 1-hr commute time, Main Building's facade and of course my alma mater in general, UST. Go tigers go!...uyyy UAAP is nearing. :D
*********************************
* back to my blogger *
:yawns:

Ah..uhm...so much for now muna...feels like snoozing for a while can saturate my lazy mood in here...
Logged out: still sluggish Mai

PS: Don't forget to check my blog enjoying the limelight at The Composed Gentleman's site. Vote pa kayo kung gusto niyo but I'm not nangungulit na hehe!
PPS: C'mon..comment and tag naman diyan. :D


/me logged out....

8 comments:

tin-tin said...

baka buntis ka? hehehe :)

Mai said...

how I wish pero...hehe malabo tin...kakababa lang red flag eh :D

meleshia said...

talaga itong si paul oh... hindi man lang namigay ng asado kaninang lunch...gawa pala ni esmi yun. nyorks! hehehe... congrats sa asado, mai! ^o^

-ena

Unknown said...

naku Mai, I'm sure masarap yun. O ganun talaga ang in love? Kasi si Jason, he eats everything I cook without side comments. Saka pinapaluto niya ulit pag trip nya kumain nun ... hehehehe!

Jigs said...

wow, your husband is really sweet, but maybe he's telling the truth that you did a good job for your first adobo. I love cooking myself and it actually took me 3 tries toget my adobo tasting the way my grandma makes it. but still, it just tastes better when she cooks it. :)

lheeanne said...

Waaaaa.. buti kapa struggling to cook, ako? ewan ko!! huhu!! sinira ko ang lahing pampanguena.. heheh! kaya cguro tinapon nila ako... Its good my husband loves to cook baligtad kami.. at love nyang maglaba.. cguro ako nlang tga plantsa.. pero wash and wear mga damit nya kaya ala akong paplantsahin...buti nlang.. hehe ang ending?? donya ako!!

Medyo pareho nga tayo ng story, pero mas mahirap ang akin.. kc malayo na nman kami isat isa!!! kaya tyagaan muna ito!! pero alam ko kaya koto!!!

Mai said...

ena: hehe di ka ba binigyan? haha! nakow buti naman at hindi kung di kahiya-hiya ako...joke! hmmm sa susunod pag alam kong masarap talaga dadamihan ko ng baon si paul para share sa inyo hehe!

ann: napagalitan pa nga ako ni paul niyan kasi angal ako ng angal na di daw masarap eh masarap naman daw talaga. hehe!

jigs: naks at marunong ka din pala magcook.. nice! paturo ako sayo hehe!

TK: nakow hirap nga niyan...overseas ba si husband? oo naman kayang-kaya yan...good luck sa payroll niyo hehe! sana sa susunod ikaw naman ang makapagbakasyon. :D

Anonymous said...

tama ngang learn ka how to cook hanggang early,hwag ka make tulad sakin na medyo naging old na,eggs lng kaya kong fried! hehehe