Friday, June 23, 2006

Reunited..

and it feels so good
Reunited 'cause we understood...
There's one perfect fit
And, sugar, this one is it
We both are so excited
'Cause we're reunited....

As the song goes, it really does feel good if you get to bond once again with friends you seldom meet and moreso, friends you've seen for ages..doesn't it?

Reunion #1:
As I was busy editing my blog entry yesterday, a Yahoo Messenger (YM) conference invitation was initiated by an elementary classmate with the note: "Kahit dito man lang tayo sa chat mag-reunion...". I immediately joined the conference and I was just so glad to see the nicks of my St. Paul School Makati 6th grade classmates. I didn't have a hard time figuring out and associating their nicks from their real persona as I do have a good memory of my elementary years. Show me their pics and I can surely acquaint you their full names..and for some, middle names even. I could even narrate my advisers' names from the 1st until 6th grade. I could recall all 6 sections I belonged to yearly. Ask me about my college blockmates, I've only got a handful of memories to share. Hehe! Selective memory? I don't know..perhaps, I did enjoy my innocent youthful elementary years more than my tertiary days where you have to be dead serious.

*******************************************
Side blurbs: Have you voted for my blog yet? C'mon tick maipaul on http://www.salaswildthoughts.blogspot.com and let your votes be counted. The poll is until tomorrow night so please...let those precious votes take me to the Hall of Fame list. Thanks!
*******************************************

12 years is indeed a long time. We haven't got a one big reunion except for a classmate's wake 2 yrs ago, but the attendance is not that much. We were like only 14 then..we didn't get to bond so well as it's so ironic to celebrate in a wake. Looking into the coffin, I'm sure Cynthia felt so happy, wherever she is, to see her former classmates get to see each other again. Another small reunion was also organized last year at Red Box Greenbelt. But then again...only 11 out 0f 50 were there.

Back with the YM conference:
I'm so ecstatic to see my elementary bestfriend, Cindy there. She's bound to fly next month for US to pursue her nursing career.
Konch, a close buddy and one of those brainy members of the Siopao Gang (of which I was also a member..called such 'coz we love eating siopao for recess, then), is getting married this October. She's doing well with the wedding preparations and they're about to engaged with the hardest part of the preps..ang bayaran!
Haze, who used to be a bus mate, (or should I say servicemate? it's not a bus po eh, a tamaraw van) works with yehey.com and is already a mother to one-yr old cute baby. By twist of fate, I get to chat and interact with this lady through weddingsatwork as she's also bound for a church wedding soon. Her blog is also one of those I round frequently.
Jem, whom I fondly remember as the tomato girl in the class 'coz her face easily turns so red as a kamatis whenever she blushes, works for Mapua and is getting pataba ng pataba daw. That's quite a surprise as she was a patpatin like me way back elementary days.

Mai - pic 14 elem gradMai - pic 11 grade 2 with PapaMai - pic 10 grade 1 dancer
Sige lang..laugh your hearts out.."bata pa si sabel pictures"

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to stay that long on the chatroom as I need to get dressed for another reunion.

Reunion #2:
At 5:30 pm, I made my way to Convergys (ayala) to meet up with my bestfriends-ex-colleagues from Contactpoint. I met with Jojo (have a guy appetite trapped in a woman's body and a fellow "i love rice" advocate), Bel (the group's Jimmy Santos because of her contagious shrieking way of laughing) and Chi (my ever reliable seatmate and checker of the payable vouchers I did). Unable to meet with us was Angie (the group's baby whose squeamish of pork..nah she's a Catholic but just have the tongue of a Muslim), because of her graveyard shift.

We stuffed ourselves of My Little Kitchen's food at Greenbelt (yummy!) and tired our throats of non-stop giggling and chit chats. I shared of how I'm doing as a new wife, Chi updated us with her intriguing love story, Bel just shrieking every now and then and told some stories, too..and Jojo just stuffed her tummy with food (hehe! joke lang Jo). I met these crazy girls at Contactpoint way back 2003 but sadly separated our ways for better opportunities outside a struggling call center. Bel and Jojo are now with Convergys, Angie transferred to El Nido but just recently resigned and moved back to a call center, Ambergris. Chi went to IBM, resigned, joined Angie in El Nido but later on moved back to IBM. While me on the other hand, got hired by Globe Telecom and after two years, here I am..a temporary bum...taking a much deserved break..and loving it!

I forgot to bring my digital cam, thus no proofs how crazy we were last night. I also forgot to bring our wedding mini-album (that's what you get for rushing) which chi would've loved to see as she missed our wedding last December.

Our bonding was cut short when Paul picked me up at Greenbelt as we would watch his female colleagues play in Accenture's Basketball League Finals. Bitin ang bondingan but with the basketball game....Yey! their team, CIO, won. Again alang pics...kasi naman kung bakit nakalimutan ko ang digital cam. grrrr!
*************************************************************************
PS:Forgot to include a preview of O2jam in my yesterday's entry so here it is..I played this morning to get a pic of it and there...I've just leveled up again to Level 23. Hihi!
o2jam mai at level 23
This is me kicking some butts hehe! My character is the one with the cutest costume..with gumamela stucked on the hair, the demure look on a sunglass, wearing a sleeveless chinese top, a denim mini-skirt, butterfly-designed flip-flops, and playing a colorful keyboard. With the beat of White Christmas, one has to press the keys S,D,F, space bar,J,K,L as their corresponding bar drops down on the red line getting remarks such as cool, good, bad and miss depending on the timing of your key press. O di ba ala-dance revolution style..only with your fingers doing the trick.

14 comments:

Lea L. Atacador said...

the memries that we had when we were in HS iba talaga.. I can't get enough of HS kaya I married my HS schoolmate ha ha.. :)

I voted you already!! goodluck!! :)

Mai said...

heheh ako din...HS classmates kami ni Paul..he even had a gf then..and never it crossed my mind na kami pa rin in the end magkakatuluyan. :D cool noh?

Lea L. Atacador said...

right!! who could have though??? galeng galeng.. I was very innocent that time pero si francis may GF every year!! My bestfriend right now even became his GF when we were in 3rd year.. sa kin din pala bagsak. hmm.. di naman tira tira nalang.. he he

Mai said...

haha! somewhat may resemblance ang story talaga natin sis..kami naman ni paul..classmates kami nung 1st yr HS..tuksuhan blues na kami ng mga classmates nun kaso torpe si paul..a close friend of mine then (my seatmate) ang naging gf niya nung third year kami. hehe! they broke up after HS grad..3rd yr college nag cross ulit paths namin and yun that;s the time na naging kami ulit.. :D

yuri said...

gosh, i miss eating out with friends in glorietta. readint ur story naiinggit ako.. haahahaha st. paul kba?

will come bk soon, enjoyed reading ur entries.

will link u up thanks.

Mai said...

yup..i was a paulinian (elementary).

thanks for the visit..sure go ahead..link ex tayo. :D

enjoyed reading your entries too..sarap naman ng work mo..getting into diff places in the world. :D

dionne said...

you look sooo mai already when you were in elementary! hihi! cute!

meleshia said...

hey hey hey! kailangan ko pa bang bumoto? eh "eat my dust" na ang drama sa poll na yun. iwan na iwan mo na ang iyong competition. nyahahaha!

btw, for pics from the game...check out my blog: http://meleshia.livejournal.com/

~ konti lang pics dun..churi...exciting kasi yung game...
~corny yung blog ko..wag ka tatawa.. kaka-create ko lang nyan last week.. har har har ^___^

hearts, ena

Mai said...

dionne: hmmm...so ibig sabihin until now neneng-nene pa rin itsura ko? :lolz:

ena: link kita link kita!!!!! heheh na-excite...yan tama yan blog mo daily activities niyo sa work kasi si paul bihira lang magkwento hehehe! hehe eat my dust? nakow naninigurado lang baka kasi mamaya ala lang...buong pilipinas iboto kalaban bago matapos ang botohan hehehe!

enge ako pics ha..hehe!

Jigs said...

Its sad to be reunited at a wake. Thats not a good way to meet. Pero reunions are so much fun. kahit konti lang, its still fun to see your former friends and classmates. The game your playing looks fun! hehe!

Been voting for you on the poll! If I ever get nominated, vote for me too okay! LOL! Promote mo din me sa friends mo! JOKE! LOL!

Mai said...

Thanks for the votes jigs! Promise nagugulat me sa turnout ng votes ko..didn't expect na it will reach that much (and now 2 na lang, 100 na!) sobrang na-aamaze ako and i can't help but wonder who are these kind souls clicking their votes for me. Aside from my family who are in abroad and my sister in Pasig, Paul's colleagues, some w@wies..di ko talaga alam kung sinu-sino pa nagvovote..kaya natutuwa me everytime they're telling me na they voted for me..at isa ka pala dun! thanks sobra! hehe!

try mo O2jam..kinda addicting talaga siya. sa simula mahirap pero once you get the rhythm and timing..cool! in fact bagay sa ting mga internet and blog addicts kasi familiar tayo that much sa keyboard eh.

tin-tin said...

paulinian din ako! but highschool. what year ka nag-grad ng elementary? my bestfriend in highschool is from st. paul makati also :)

Mai said...

batch 1994 me ng St. Paul Makati. Magkabatch ba tayo?

tin-tin said...

older pala ako syo. hehe. '93 ako nag-graduate ng elementary :)