Thursday, June 29, 2006

Nokia 3315 and the Wednesday that was...

..and you thought I got engulfed alive by my reviewers, thus, my blog idled yesterday huh? (Thanks for those tags and comments..despite my absence, my blog's hits still surges. *kaway-kaway to my avid tambays here..especially to bloggigolo jigs).

Whew! And what busied my yesterday? Naahh, I was not even reviewing. I was out the whole day as my co-resignee and fellow former cashier at Tower 1 Jade and I, tried to finalize our Variance Resolution that would complete our Clearance. Oh yeah, almost three months have passed since I resigned and we're not still cleared (and worse for jade as she's resigned February pa)??? Thanks to GT talaga! You do really make great things possible...impossible! :evilgrin:

I don't want to go on whining here again as I've said enough with my work sentiments on one of my previous post here. I've suffered enough with the work I'd been through and the clearance process is just as equally sickening. (Siyempre pa, hanggang sa dulo pahihirapan ka.) Imagine, one has to complete the 3-page clearance sheet in which you need to hunt for about 50 signatories???? clueless as who they are, which particular floor in two head office towers, from which departments, their exact desks in their areas, beating their self-imposed cutoff times....and so on. I'm wondering why such a big company can't revise their processes and systems on this. I just can't understand why I still have to secure a clearance for inapplicable benefits (for example, on laptops and car plans) when in the first place, my position and band isn't qualified for such availments? It's not only my time that's wasted..I'm sure those "not applicable" signatories are quite irritable as well for their disturbed time.

It's just ironic talaga how they come up with advanced mobile technologies and yet internal systems nila...*two thumbs down*. Nakow, receipting system nga lang nila eh..hay! :big sigh: kung alam niyo lang. hehe!

With the Variance Resolution I'm talking about...well, it's just one of those cashiers' plight na kelangan gawin. Aside from the monetary payments, among our accountabilities included are all prepaid stocks..phonekits, call cards, simpacks, etc. The accounting of it (through ledger vs physical count) at the end of the day was one of the tedious task I hated which unfortunately, I endured it for my last 6 months with them. Documentation of any releases of such stocks should be properly documented which our auditors will check. Any shortages, if unresolved, shall be shouldered by the cashiers..no ifs or no buts. At times, notwithstanding the cashier's accurate monitoring and even if how organize he is, there would always be variances that arise. Minsan magugulat na lang kami, sold na yung serial na yun and yet lilitaw siya as variance meaning as per system daw, dapat on hand pa daw siya. O di ba? ang saya? Look how effective the present process is. Well, madali lang naman i-resolve ito as long as you have the copy of the Official Receipt or if it was released as free, submit the signed Delivery Receipt. This results to a problem when you can't present the necessary documentations. Just like what we're having trouble with for our final variance resolution. A Nokia 3315 Gizmo phonekit was availed during the Gizmo promo last 2004 at promo price Php 799. Since naging hit yung promo na yun, the supply of N3315 then diminished in a snap until pahirapan na to serve the still surging demand. Since awaiting na lang yung delivery ng unit, they allowed us to accept the payment in advance and the unit was just delivered the following day. Unfortunately, we no longer can't find the Delivery Receipt (DR) for one phonekit availed and that's the trouble we are into right now. We have the OR pero ang kelangan eh ang DR. Pero we're pretty sure with the completeness of all the documents we've submitted before. Otherwise, our auditors could've slapped us with an Exception Report if we indeed submitted incomplete requirements then. Pero wala eh..kaya ayan..we're working our ass off on it exhausting all means to recover and justify its issuance. Pag eto wala talaga by next week, hay no choice, we'll pay for it na lang kesa sa hindi namin makuha ang final pay namin dahil lang sa N3315 na yan.

Waahhh..Lord help us, we need a miracle! Sayang din ang Php 3,600. Daya noh? Eh may mabibili ka na lang na Php1000 na N3315 ngayon.

**********************************************
On the other hand, I feel relieved and disheartened at the same time with the condition of our beloved center. Only one cashier will be left on the coming weeks as the other had gone to a Maternity Leave already. With the workload, there's no way that a sole cashier can survive the heaps of daily transactions and payments. The head office can no longer send a reliever as the cashiers' number in centers dropped down dramatically because of the recent massive resignations. (See...di lang ako ang nauntog at natauhan hihi!). Relieved, kasi kung di ako nagresign, ako yung supposedly na matitirang mag-isa since nag-ML nga si Mel. Just a background, I started with our center na 4 kaming cashiers until umalis yung 2, I assumed the head role with Mel as my sole permanent buddy and a temporary reliever was sent weekly. With that setup of 3 cashiers, sobrang hirap na pano pa kaya kung mag-isa lang matitira? Buti na lang talaga...

Disheartened, kasi undermanned na talaga ang center. With the management's staff rationalization ruling, ang hirap ma-address ang manning problem talaga kahit na when I'm still with them. And I just can feel for that cashier na maiiwan. Siguro dapat niyan, she should bring with her a mattress, her whole week's uniforms into the office and bid farewell sa family niya (ala-OFW style) kasi sa office na siya titira. I'm not exaggerating. Promise.
************************************************
Had another cooking misadventure last night.
************************************************
We slept in Frisco these past 2 nights and with me finalizing my clearance, I set out with my hubby on mornings as he goes to work in Makati. To save on gas (hay! talk about oil's weekly inflation), we find ourselves rubbing elbows err armpits... in jampacked MRT coaches. While the first coach is provided for the female passengers, I want to stay with hubby kaya ayun nakikisiksik sa 2nd coach. Thank goodness, we were lucky to ride this morning's ghost train kaya nakaupo at nakatulog pa kami. hehe!
************************************************
Since a lot got curious with my nightmare the other night...sige na nga..eto na po. I dreamt of my hubby fathering a 2-yr-old baby girl with another much younger lass. So there ayun na...fortunately, I didn't see the girl's or the baby's face on my dream. Hehe! dreams nightmare lang naman yun kaya oks lang...pero siyempre as nightmare as it is, shuddering pa rin when you wake up di ba? Hehe! And yes..I know kabaligtaran lang yan sa totoong buhay. Naku hubby ko pa! hehe!

Siguro my unconscious mind got all my thoughts for that day mixed up. I just talked to a brokenhearted friend who confided in me his ex-bf's cheating activities (the nerves talaga..will post another entry on this). Tapos every night, I'm fervently praying for a baby. Kaya ayun..sa panaginip nagkanda-halo-halo na at the expense of my hubby na nanahimik. hehe!
************************************************
So there, that's how my Wednesday was...how about you?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

just want to say my blogrolling is working already ... hahaha! sa GT ka pala before... sys ad yung pinsan ko sa Main eh.

tin-tin said...

sana maayos mo na clearance mo.

regarding your dream, i guess you just had a mix-up nga. siguro yun yung prayers mo before you slept that night. for your friend and for a baby. kaya ayun!

Anonymous said...

Hala! May 3315 pa rin ba ngayon? Haha!

Hindi ko alam. :(

Lea L. Atacador said...

4got to tell you sis diba hubby ko from globe din pero CSA sa Sucat, he resigned narin last march pa.. he has a better job and weekends pa day off nya.. grabe nga daw globe.. he got his separation pay 2nd week of June ata.. tagal talaga! goodluck sis naku lalo ka mastress nyan! :(

Mai said...

ann: yup GT me dati nagwork..though I was earning hefty moolah every paydays parang quits din lang kasi kaya siya lumalaki bec of daily OT. Swerte ng cousin mo, mas mahirap kasi sa business center eh.

tin: well, naniniwala talaga ako na what you think before you sleep nadadala siya ng subconscious mind kaya napapanaginipan.

jhed: actually phased out na N3315 sa globe ngayon pero sa kasamaang palad, hindi sya naphase out sa Variance Reports namin :( huhuhu!

lea: good for francis..hehe! mabuhay kaming mga natauhan! hehe!buti naman at nakahanap din agad siya ng work at swerte niya na nakuha na niya final pay niya..naku ako ewan ko lang kung kelan ko makukuha..gud luck talaga sa kin :(

Jigs said...

Wow, I cant believe all the things you have to go through just to resign! They really wanna make sure they have the last laugh! Those people!

Siguro dapat niyan, she should bring with her a mattress, her whole week's uniforms into the office and bid farewell sa family niya (ala-OFW style) kasi sa office na siya titira.

I literally said "aww" and chuckled at the same time because I feel for the lonely cashier too but what you said was funny!

I visited your new post on tsibugan na and left a tag!

Uiy! Controversial Panaginip mo ah! LOL! Joke! The mixing of thoughts in dreams happens to me sometimes. As in lahat ng mga nangyari sakin on a day napapanaginipan ko all together.

BTW, Grabeh ah! Special mention nanaman ako! Iniispoil mo na ko! LOL! I just like making tambay and reading dito kaya lagi akong nandito! :)

Cynch said...

wow mai! ang active active mo na sa blog! congrats! you deserve the badge! nagvo-vote ako lagi for you! yooohooooo!!!!

keep blogging! love your kwento!

yuri said...

i think my bf's cheating on me too. but im too far away to spy on him... kainis!

Anonymous said...

hey mai, active blogger na pala ang papel mo ngayon aside from being a wife...kawawa naman sina mel, oh well, buti na lang we're smarter =) miss yah mai, at sana makuha na natin separation pay natin at sabay saba tayong punta ng bora =) luvyah - my

Mai said...

jigs: oh yeah..special mention ka..hiniram ko nga pala yung blurker na blog jargon mo ha..hehe!

cynch: thanks for the comment and for the votes! hehe! naku avid reader mo din ako ng blog mo kaya sige blog lang tayo ng blog.

yuri: awww...y naman u think ur bf is cheating on you...:( yaan mo na you're meeting naman a lot of papas on your trips eh hehehe! iba-iba pang nationalities!

my: waaahhh!!!!!!! miss ko na din kayo ni jade..korek ka! we're smarter wehehhhehe! wawa talaga sina mel...at wawa din ako kasi galit sakin si mel..kasalanan ko bang iprioritize ang family at health ko over them? waahh! may pananagutan ba ako sa knila waaahhh!

Unknown said...

well, kung reresbak ka sa ex ng friend mo, sama ako, sa harap ka sisipa ako sa likod, sabay tayo hahaha!