Wednesday, November 21, 2007

24 Weeks and the Traumatic Ordeal.

** Journalled 11/20/07  8:00 pm.

To My Little One,

We’re officially in our 24th week and 2nd day of journey. And it’s just six hours since we were officially discharged from the hospital. Yes, my dear, we celebrated your 24th week in the Emergency Room of CMC last Sunday. Sad to say, mom and dad went through a traumatic experience again..we tremendously worried and feared..we thought we would lose you.

It was Saturday night when Mom bled. Shocked, I stood still for several minutes in the wash room unblinking then shivered at the sight of fresh blood blotches on my undies. I right away told Dad about it and decided we would observe for a few more hours. Ironically, I didn’t cry unlike the first time I had spotting a few weeks ago. I didn’t cry but I was more worried this time. In fact, I couldn’t sleep well that night that I’d always check in the wee hours of the morning smears or traces of bleeding. To my relief, there was none. Sunday morning, your dad had to accompany your Lola and Tito Kevin get his report card. Mom was left at home so I can rest..but all the while, I still felt restless. True enough, I found brown splotches again and a few minutes later, your dad, lola and I found our way to the hospital’s ER.

I was checked and later on was recommended for confinement to closely monitor and control the bleeding. I was right away led to the Delivery Room for a more rigorous observation. I was IV’d then checked for any contractions every minute or so. I stayed (and was overly bored) for about 7 hours in the Delivery Room while Lola and your Dad took care of the paper works. They, too, were anxiously waiting for me, worried of course since they are not allowed to come and see me inside the DR. I was finally given the signal by the doctor to be wheeled to my room at about 7 pm. Dad and Tito Kevin just also arrived; they went home and brought all the things I’d be needing throughout my stay in the hospital. I was so proud of your Dad. Even without instructions or whatsoever from me (since we didn’t get the chance to see or talk while I was in the DR for observation), he knew the things to bring – clothings, toiletries, utensils & glasswares, pillow, my vitamins, other necessities and of course, he didn’t forget the laptop so he’ll have something to tinker while watching over me. Dad was overly maasikaso. He really took care of us well. I knew and I could see he was tired already, exhausted for lack of sleep and yet he still lovingly attended to our needs…from prepping up my meals to aiding me when I pee on a bedpan. I felt so incapacitated since I was not allowed to move that much but I felt secured because of how your Dad nursed us. I love your Dad so much but with that, I love him even more. Even if you can’t see it yet, I know you’re already feeling how much Dad loves you so much.

Our first night was a hard one. A doctor or nurse would come and check on us every hour waking us up either to examine me, give me meds or monitor your heartbeat. Further, the IV was hurting me every time I move my hand, thus, I couldn’t really sleep comfortably. Despite it, Dad and I woke up the next morning excitedly. We were scheduled to have my ultrasound to completely scrutinize what could’ve gone wrong inside there and of course, we would know finally your gender. The sonologist first showed us the image of your head, your spine then your legs. Then there it was. It’s finally confirmed that you’re a ____! (I am holding this news for a while because Mom is cooking up a surprise for everyone..hehe!) Your dad and I are so overly delighted. We’re getting a clearer picture of how you’d be like come March. In fact, we already decided that your first name will be A _ _ _ _, a name that your Dad had in mind since, which means “blessed”. We’re still thinking for your second name at this point. Perhaps, we would need help with this one because we want to have a name that would be as lovely as your first and one that will perfectly suit you. Your Lola is a little bit frantic though about your name because she knows someone who’s a namesake of yours and that kid is makulit and malikot daw. Hmm, truly, I think you’re turning into such also because you have your own antics already as early as now. The doctors usually have a hard time catching your heartbeat on their dopplers because you would be very active.. malikot..stirring madly in my tummy..as if you’re playing hide and seek with the doctor. As early as now, I could say, mana ka sa Daddy mo.

We were relieved over the ultrasound results. My placenta has gone up (contrary of their suspicion that I had bleeding because of a low-lying one), cervix is intact and no funneling detected. Everything’s completely fine inside and you’re perfectly okay. In fact, you were awake and we saw you moving your hands and feet while capturing a good sonogram of you. Your heartbeat is just okay too. Thank God! My OB explained that, perhaps, I just got too tired from the shopping and walking we did at SM last Saturday. The low placement of my uterus plus, you’re strong movements and activities inside could have lead to my bleeding. The doctor said that you just probably did a sudden summersault since you still have an ample space inside my tummy. Your breech position at this point could also have something to do with that.

With the favorable results and since they were able to control the spotting, I was given the go signal to be discharged the next day. We just consumed the dextrose and uterine relaxant meds injected to it. My movements are still constrained, though, and I am directed to a complete bedrest for two weeks. The second night was easier. The IV was removed and I slept more comfortably and with peace of mind knowing that we’re both okay. We also slept a bit full since Tita’s Cathy, PJ, Kate and Tito Joseph visited us that night and brought us our favorite, ham and cheese calzone & Four Seasons Pizza from Yellow Cab. Again, we could say that you’re makulit nga and nangilala na, because it was only Tita PJ (the one who brought the pizza) whom you let feel your kicks. Lolz!

The next day, we got ready to go home. We just waited for my OB for her final bilins and instructions. I was given oral uterine relaxant meds to take for several days and was prescribed as well with a new Vitamin brand to take since we’re about to embark on our last trimester. We’ll be seeing her again after two weeks for a follow up check up.

I am truly thankful to God for keeping us safe all throughout this ordeal. We’re still blessed that we have our doctors and loved ones who took care of us well…especially your Dad who painstakingly attended to all our needs. Hang in there, my Little One. We love to see and be with you already but the right time hasn’t come yet. You still need to grow inside me. Mom’s doing everything to keep you safe. It’s definitely difficult and hard but the mere thought of you..it’s already enough to keep me inspired and energized to breeze through the remaining months of my pregnancy. So just “behave” there, okay? As Daddy says, wag masyado malikot sa loob ha?. We love you so much, our dear A!

Xoxo,
Mom :)

9 comments:

Nyree said...

Hi Mai! Glad to know you and baby are okay. That was pretty traumatic. Take care and i will always pray for you and your sweet baby's safety.

Anonymous said...

hello mai! i'm glad everything is ok na.. just rest and try not to worry (which i know is easier said than done), and pray pray pray..

Anonymous said...

hi mai, sa kwento pa lang, scary na. glad youa and baby A are okay :) can;t wait for you to spill! heheh :) stay safe, sis!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad everything are alright,Mai. Be very very careful. I'm praying for you!

Paul and Toni said...

hi mai! glad to know you and baby A are ok. just be very careful always though i'm sure you are. don't forget to pray as well. :)

Anonymous said...

i know the feeling. my experience was worst, imagine your experience and extend that to 2 months, ganun kahirap kaya you are still very lucky so hang in there and take care! god bless you and baby A...

Anonymous said...

Hi Mai. Asher ba ang name? Hula lang...I have a friend kasi with that name. Anyway I'm guessing din na it's a boy :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Mai! Glad that everything turned out okay. Ramil and I will be praying for you and Baby A ;) Take care!

Mec said...

*HUGS* sister...

we're all with you and Paul as you make this journey... and our prayers are always with you :)

yun lang talaga... tigilan muna ang malling even after matapos ang bedrest :P