Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Plastic.

Like most people, I own several credit cards but I only maintain and use a few of them. As of my last counting, I have six all in all and I’m planning to cancel the 3 latest ones I received since 1.) They were sent without me applying for them 2.) Why would I pay for annual charge fees if I don’t really use nor I plan to use them? Actually, I’m doing this for control purposes so I won’t be tempted to shop and swipe madly. Lol!

There are actually several types of credit cards being offered nowadays. Among the popular choices recently are those 0% credit cards where one can avail 0% interest rate on any purchases made and those that offer introductory 0% balance transfers. Another type is the rewards card where earned reward points are redeemed towards items from their own catalogue. Well, owning a credit card has indeed its perks and advantages. It’s just up to the holder on how he/she manages the usage of it so as not to end up with a bad credit and choosing the right type of credit card maximizes the benefits and perks of owning one.

No comments: