Saturday, April 28, 2007

Bid With a Twist.

I have participated in an online wedding auction once and luckily, I was able to outbid for an elegant hairpiece that I used for our wedding.

altar hairpiece

I love the excitement when I join online auctions. But do you know that there’s a new online auction site that works differently and with a fun twist? Bid4prizes is a unique site that allows you to bid on cool products but the catch is the lowest bidder wins the auction!

Interesting, isn’t it? All you have to do is become a member (either as a premium member or you can register for free), select your favorite prize, place your bid through SMS or online and when your bid is the lowest when auction ends, you win the prize. Probably you’ll ask how much you pay when you win the prize. Actually, you do not pay anything other than the shipping costs for the delivery and any taxes that may be due to the IRS. Right now on the site, up for auction are the following: an Apple iPhone, a Samsung 50” Plasma TV and a cool Scion XB!


Even if you don’t win the lowest bid, you can earn points for every bid you place. You can exchange these earned points for any cool prizes in the Rewards Store like toys, gags, purses, backpacks and more. So everyone is a winner, right?

If I were to win a prize, I would love to have a portable basketball hoop. Next month will be my dear hubby’s birthday and this is what he’s wishing for.

No comments: