Sunday, April 29, 2007

On Break-ups.

One of my best buds just recently split-up with her boyfriend. At one point, I felt relieved that she finally had the courage to dump him. Let’s just say he doesn’t deserve the love and attention that my friend has given him. But then, in as much as I’m appeased with my friend’s realization, I know she was deeply hurt to come up with that decision.

Surviving a breakup is never an easy ordeal. Although, I have had a couple in the past prior meeting the man of my dreams, the impact was not that hard and difficult for me; probably because those two relationships were short-lived and therefore, not much love and dedication were invested yet. Nevertheless, breaking up is still a struggle. It takes time to heal wounds and thousand folds of support from families and friends is necessary for the healing process to begin and eventually, move on. But before anything else, help must come from the brokenhearted person himself/herself. I don’t want to sound like Dr. Love here so might as well head on to this romance website where I found helpful steps in overcoming and outlasting painful break-ups.

For my dearest friend, Cathy, I just hope she can hang on and remember that she will always be loved by many and that there are greater blessings that she should be thankful for. It’s not the end of the world and I’m sure she’ll meet the right guy in God's perfect time who will truly love her.

No comments: