Thursday, April 26, 2007

Small Blessings.

More often than not, most of us are caught up pressured amidst life’s hustle and bustle. In reality, there comes a point when we are so engulfed with our wishes and desires that we tend to disregard and overlook what we have. There are times when we tend to take for granted and lose track the blessings that come our way. Regardless of our situation, we always have to be thankful no matter how little the blessings seem to be.

For today, these are the little things that I’m thankful for:

1. For the palatable adobo I had for lunch at our pantry. My colleagues and I very seldom dine and eat our concessionaire’s food in our pantry. I’ve been disappointed with their seemingly half-cooked and recycled cuisines. Since Joy is in scrimping mode and we were so lazy to dine out, we settled at the pantry today and luckily, I was not disappointed. At least, I also got to save a bit as my lunch only cost me Php 45.

2. Finally, my new email at work is now configured and up. I will no longer use my yahoo mail at work which has been quite “effortful” still, even with the Yahoo Mail Beta.

3. For the 30-minute-trafficless-safe drive from Makati to my in-laws’ abode in Frisco. Today is Thursday and weekend is nearing so that means, we have to be here and I'm just glad that the drive was comfortable and fast.

4. Miggy, Paul’s 4-yr old nephew, made mano to me when we got home. Usually and especially if he’s glued to the TV, we’re often unnoticed and ignored when we arrive. Tonight, he was in a good mood and even played with us for a while.

5. For the polite Citibank Customer Service Rep I talked with tonight when I clarified Paul’s billing statement. Paul is being charged with a late penalty fee of Php 300 for not paying the unpaid balance of Php 2.81 last month. The CSR was flexible and helpful naman unlike the other one whom Paul talked with this afternoon. She was a bit rude daw and was stiff in asking to pay the penalty charge.

6. For the little tiramisu that was left on the fridge. My voracious bro was kind enough to leave me some for dessert.

Small blessings…. I am thankful today for all these small blessings.

No comments: