Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bye-bye Desktop.

The desktop at home (Makati) has been conking for months already. Paul has exhausted all means testing what could’ve the culprit been for its frenziedly auto-shut downs while in the midst of surfing or gaming. We even bought a new power supply and a brand new memory but to no avail, the problem was not resolved. Since Paul has 10 PC’s in the shop, he also even tried mixing-and-matching the parts like memories and video cards. He also tried and made use of the Windows Service Packs to repair and reformatted for several times but perhaps, the PC is “terminally-ill” and wishing to retire soon. After all, we’ve been using this for years already and I recall that my Feasibility (thesis) is still stored here so that makes it running for more than four years already!

So that’s it, we don’t have an option but replace it with a new set. We need to have this up soon since my stepmom will also be coming home next weekend from Saudi and being the chat addict that she is, I’m sure she’ll be frantic if we won’t be able to resolve this. Besides, my little bro has been nagging that this have to must be repaired/replaced for him to play and satisfy his obsession with DOTA.

At one point, this makes me feel blessed since I have this notebook to fulfill my blogging and digiscrapping pursuits. Hehe! But at any rate, for them to stop irking, we’ll be buying a complete set from Rsun on Tuesday. We figured buying this set (excluding monitor) will be cheaper than having the parts bought individually.

No comments: